Nazgul Question

By Elendil23, in War of the Ring

I don't know whether this has been answered elsewhere as I am new to the game (having spent the last five months tracking one down!)

Can the Nazgul 'capture' cities and/or strongholds that are unoccupied by the Free Peoples? I wondered if they could 'blitz' those cities/towns worth one point that are often 'overlooked' by the Free Peoples player (well, at least in the couple of games my son and I have played so far).

No, you need an army to gain control of a settlement.

Thanks Dam

That was actually what my son pointed out (and what I suspected anyway) - I was just a little 'miffed' that the elves had overrun Moria and wanted some swift revenge!

I am now trawling through this particular forum which is full of tips and info (despite the fact that while the game awaits reprint status there is something of a hiatus).

Thanks again

Elendil

Welcome to the game! Also be sure to check out Veldrin's WotR site: www.warofthering.eu/

Cool site, thanks for sharing the link here!

My understanding is that Nazgul are leaders which means they cannot engage in combat alone but need to accompany an army. They do have some unique characteristics in that they can occupy enemy strongholds but will need to fight with an army if you intend to use them in battle.

bamloiz said:

My understanding is that Nazgul are leaders which means they cannot engage in combat alone but need to accompany an army. They do have some unique characteristics in that they can occupy enemy strongholds but will need to fight with an army if you intend to use them in battle.

Nazgul can occupy any region other than a FP stronghold controlled by the FP without an army. I usually place one in the region with the fellowship's LKP to make sure I get a hunt reroll.