Item limits

By sonicu, in Runebound

Hi, I'm a new player of this great game, and I have a suggestion about the rules of item limits for make the game better.

I think the better way for this limit is a mixed rules between the standard rules and the variant rules. I mean, 2 weapons and 1 armor item, and for the rest of item (runes, potions, artifacts,...) 1 item of each class and type . For example, you aren't able to buy another rune if you already have one (a standard rune or a dragon rune), or you can't carry two potions. The exception of this rule is the dragon runes of the red challenges, you are able to have more than one.

Another suggestion is 2 weapons and 1 armor item, and only 1 item of other class (runes, potins, artifacts,...)

What do you think about this rules? Are good or spoil the game?

Using these rules would probably severely limit the power of the heroes, which is fine if you think they're way too powerful as is, but I'm not so sure that's the case myself. From a thematic point of view I don't see why a hero couldn't carry more than one potion or rune at a time.

One question: Do the alternative rules about item limits allow to have more than one rune? It says one item of each class and type. If you have two runes, you have two items with the same class but not the same type and you can have these?

sonicu said:

One question: Do the alternative rules about item limits allow to have more than one rune? It says one item of each class and type. If you have two runes, you have two items with the same class but not the same type and you can have these?

As far as I know the only item limits are 2 weapons and 1 armor. If a rune has the weapon keyword it counts as a weapon toward your limit, likewise if it has the armor keyword. If it doesn't have either of those keywords, you can carry as many as you like.

Technically, at least the way we play, you can carry as many weapon and armor cards as you like, you just have to be clear about which ones are equipped at any given moment.

My question is: How many runes can you carry if you use the alternative rules appears at the last pages of the manual, one or more?

Excuse me if I don't express better before.

sonicu said:

My question is: How many runes can you carry if you use the alternative rules appears at the last pages of the manual, one or more?

Excuse me if I don't express better before.

Oh, I see. I thought you were proposing a new house rule. =P

Well, I believe "Rune" would qualify as a type. ie: Weapon: Rune, Armor: Rune, Other: Rune. So you could have one Weapon: Rune card, and you could have one Weapon: Sword card, AND one Armor: Rune card, etc. But you could NOT have two Weapon: Rune cards, for example.

Seems like a pretty arbitrary rule to me, I don't think I'd ever use it. Perhaps some other forumites who have used this variant rule can chime in on how well it works.

Are there Weapon: rune in any expansion? I only have the basic game.

Steve-O said:

Oh, I see. I thought you were proposing a new house rule. =P

Well, I believe "Rune" would qualify as a type. ie: Weapon: Rune, Armor: Rune, Other: Rune. So you could have one Weapon: Rune card, and you could have one Weapon: Sword card, AND one Armor: Rune card, etc. But you could NOT have two Weapon: Rune cards, for example.

Seems like a pretty arbitrary rule to me, I don't think I'd ever use it. Perhaps some other forumites who have used this variant rule can chime in on how well it works.

Yes, partially. I want to know what 's the interpretation of these rules:

Variant: Item Limits
Instead of being limited to two weapons and one armor, you
are now limited to having only one item of each class and type.

Are these item limits refer only weapons and armor or refer all class of items?