First Deck. On the right track?

By inherindian, in Warhammer Invasion Deck Building

I'm Fairly new to game, when out and bought some packs and boxes. This is the first deck i have assembled. Let me know if you think it will be moving to slow, or if i have some weak areas of defense/offense. Any feedback I am sure will be of great help. Cheers.

Units(22)

2x Chaos Knights

3x Doombull

3x Festering Nurglings

2x Maledictor of Tzeetch

2x Savage Gors

3x Savage Marauders

2x Doom Divers

2x Lobber Crew

3x Clan Moulder's Elite

Tatics(12)

3x Cloying Quagmire

3x Plague Bomb

2x Seduced By Darkness

2x Eye For Cruelty

2x Corruption of Purity

Support(16)

2x Sadistic Mutation

3x Shrine to Nurgle

3x Tainted Well

3x Warpstone Meteor

2x Contested Fortress

3x Contested Village

Total 50 Cards

From reading the forums and through gameplay its obvious that you're missing 3x innovation and 3x warpstone excavation. I'm not super familiar with some of your cards, but if you're throwing in a few orc cards consider some pillages as well? My chaos deck suffers terribly having no support destruction. Try a strong theme to know what you're doing. with some enemy cycle battlepacks chaos has a great corruption focus with the boils attachment and malekh/furies.

If you are playing savage gors then burn it down can be a good fit to provide support destruction.

For certain you will likely want warpstone excavations as JayDe has said, you would probably do well to have innovation as well but could maybe go without it depending on how you are playing your deck.

I havent found corruption of purity to be useful at all and if you are looking to play chaos/orc mixed I would personally replace the shrine to nurgle with chaos/orc alliance. If you're trying to do some kind of chaos/orc rush deck then spida riders would be a great addition.

Over all I'd say it looks like its going the right direction for a first deck

Well my aim was to corrupt enough units and while doing so deal damage to them in the KZ and QZ and then force the other play to lay developments with Doom so that the opponent does not take more damage to his capital. I like the idea of burn it down and will have to try that out, but as far as putting in innovation i would like to keep the deck around 50 and i think i won't be putting down to many D-cards in my KZ. As far as an orc/chaos banner i think it would just slow the deck down and yield only one benefit that could be not useable.

also just looked at spider riders and i think i will make the deck go to 53 for it

I would not add alliance in as an addition, only use it rather than Shrine to Nurgle. I have found that the Shrine effect comes up so rarely that the occational benefit from the orc loyalty has been better for me.

No need to use innovation now with the new restricted list, so problem solved there.

found out that shine really only helped later in the game. Spider riders was a great add. also found plague bomb to be wonderful.