Kingdom-Con, April 15th-17th in San Diego

By Deathjester26, in 3. AGoT Organized Play

Kingdom-Con 2011 is 2 weeks away!!!! Here's a link with a run down of events:

www.kingdom-con.com/events

Friday, April 15th @ 7:00pm - Melee

Saturday, April 16th @ 11:00am - Joust

Sunday, April 17th - nothing scheduled, but there will probably be some demos happening

Kingdom-Con 2011 will be held in San Diego at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Hotel Circle (2270 Hotel Circle North, San Diego, CA 92108). Pre-Reg Memberships are $35 for the weekend, or $40 at the door. One-Day tickets bought at the door are $15.

Tourney rules can be found here: www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/agotlcg/support/AGoT_TourneyRules_2010-11.pdf

Please be sure to check the FAQ for banned cards and erratas.

FYI, this is a small convention run by one of our friends here in San Diego. This is a great chance for anyone near by who is looking to meet others that play the game. Our San Diego group is small and growing, so anyone new to the game is more than welcome to come out. We are hoping to get around 12 players for each event, and we'll have extra decks on hand if you feel you need one!

Looking forward to it! Also, in honor of regionals season which is fast-approaching, we're not going to run the hand of the king variant. I think we missed the cutoff anyway. Demos on Sunday (and throughout the weekend) for sure. The "treasury" system for the number of games played will be really helpful in running demos too since it will encourage people to play more games. Hopefully we'll have the same kind of success we had last year. Cons are great for recruiting!

Those going to Kingdom-Con....

Please read the new FAQ, especially the section regarding the new "Restricted List".

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=2141

These rules will be in place for the Melee and Joust.

Happy deck adjustments gran_risa.gif

Who won the joust yesterday?

What a fun weekend! Ram from Riverside beat John (DeathJester) in the joust final. Martell HH vs Targ Shadows. Due to hours of fierce, non-stop demoing and LOTS of interest from the HBO series, we had a lot of newer players ask to join in the melee tourney so we didn't get many rounds in. John (Mathlete) came out with the win on that. Ram also took the overall title. SerChaos gets an honorable mention with 2nd overall!

Highlights for me included making new friends through thrones and getting to hang out with the guys I met at CaliCon last year (albeit briefly!). Gamewise, finding a knack for playing To The Spears when my opponent played Retaliation was pretty awesome. Oh and special kudos to Jordan for surprising us with "TEAM EDDARD" shirts!

There's a high likelihood of a Thrones tourney again this time next year, so mark your calendars and come to SD! And thanks again to everyone who came!

can you publish the top4 decklist please?

lucarov said:

can you publish the top4 decklist please?

The 1st place melee deck, and top 2 joust decks were mine. I'll have to type them up before I can post them here. It might take a while.

~Besides, who's to say I want to reveal my uber powerful secrets 1 month away from regionals?! Muah ha ha ha!

Top 4 in Joust

1. Ram (Martell KoHH)

2. Deathjester26 (Targ)

3. Duane (Lannister)

4. Bronson (Martell KoS)

Ram def. Deathjester26 in the finals (getting revenge for his loss in the last round of swiss).

Final Table in Melee

1. Mathlete (Bara)

2. cha0s (Lanni)

3rd / 4th crevic / RyanSD - Sorry, I was obviously too tired to remember who finished in which place, and what they were playing.

Overall champ was Ram with 33 points followed by cha0s with 32

lol.... Deathjester26, 2nd in Joust. cha0s, 2nd in Melee and 2nd overall. Where have I seen this before?

Deathjester26 said:

3rd / 4th crevic / RyanSD - Sorry, I was obviously too tired to remember who finished in which place, and what they were playing.

RyanSD got 3rd with Baratheon KotHH, and I got 4th with Martell KoS.

Deathjester26 said:

Top 4 in Joust

1. Ram (Martell KoHH)

2. Deathjester26 (Targ)

3. Duane (Lannister)

4. Bronson (Martell KoS)

Sorry, I botched this pretty badly...

Cut to final 4 for Joust

1. Bronson (Martell KoS)

2. Deathjester26 (Targ)

3. Duane (Lannister)

4. Ram (Martell KoHH)

Ram def Deathjester26 in the final.

As usual, it was great to see everyone at Kingdomcon. Even though its such a small con, I had a TON of fun!

I played a crappy Lannister deck for Melee (deck list to follow) that I thought would be fun to play but never really did what it was supposed to. Anyways, it ended up in 2nd place!?! Weird, never would have predicted that!

For joust I played Lannister again but this deck was much better built taking advantage of all the kneel Lanni has to offer. It went 2-1 which was a bit disappointing since I am almost positive it could have gone 9-1 if I played more games...so I missed the cut to top 4 by SoS sad.gif

Finishing 2nd overall was also disappointing since I was beat out for Overall by 1 stinking point. I suppose Kublacon will be the real test to see if I can break this curse of the 2nd places...

The highlight for me was getting to match up with Bruno! (even after being away from the game for so long he worked me over good) It's great to have him back though!!!