Any reviews?

By Tyrichter, in The Dark Waters Trilogy

Did anyone read it yet? Can you compare it to the original Lovecraft´s stories? Huge fan of Lovecraft is listening here :)

The book isn't out yet, so obviously there are no reviews. What I read so far got me quite interested though and I might read the book when I got the time. If I do I will write a quick review here.

Oh sorry, I thought it has been published. Some review would be nice though, looking forward to it.

There is a preview chapter up on the FFG site now. Well worth taking a peek at.

I just started reading this today. I am going to give it a chance. I'm on chapter two. I bought the book because I love Fantasy Flight Games and I love Lovecraftian tales. This is not written in the style of Lovecraft, C. A. Smith, R. E. Howard, or any of the original pulp writers. I'm going to withhold my commentary until I get farther into it, but my initial impression is not good.

About halfway through it and i love it.

It's OK, but not great. Better than Lovecraft's worst but not as good as his best.

Its not written like Lovecraft and it's not trying to be like lovecraft. If you are stuck on that, then it will be a bad book for you. If you can get over it, it will be a great book for you.

If not Lovecraft, what would you say its comparable to?

Simple murder mystery. Along the lines of True Blood but a little darker.