Vampire: The Eternal Struggle as a LCG?

By Karazax, in Living Card Games

Most recent news on VTES is that http://www.vekn.net/ has been negotiating with CCP and such to print on demand expasions. This is actually likely the second best thing for VTES, perhaps, though a rehash and turning it into an LCG with backwards compatable cards would be first. I tired of CCG formats, and, despite the VTES community naysaying otherwise, I think VTES would work fair enough as an LCG.

Core set: 4 starters of 72 cards (this includes vampires), but have them be duel clan to get extra vampire clans in there and proceed to release 3 copies of 30 cards packs. You can slowly make some progress on the 8 clans introduced in the core set, and then release the larger boxed expansions for sabbat or other such new groups.

It could work.

I would LOVE for FFG to turn V:tes into a LCG. i used to play v:tes, and i thought it was a lot of fun. the mechanics were great. with how people would ally together and the whole polital system it had. im pretty new to the LCG model but i love it. i just started playing netrunner and starwars and it just seems like V:tes would be a great fit for a LCG. i know it might be a long shot but i really hope this could happen

vermillian said:

Most recent news on VTES is that http://www.vekn.net/ has been negotiating with CCP and such to print on demand expasions. This is actually likely the second best thing for VTES, perhaps, though a rehash and turning it into an LCG with backwards compatable cards would be first. I tired of CCG formats, and, despite the VTES community naysaying otherwise, I think VTES would work fair enough as an LCG.

Core set: 4 starters of 72 cards (this includes vampires), but have them be duel clan to get extra vampire clans in there and proceed to release 3 copies of 30 cards packs. You can slowly make some progress on the 8 clans introduced in the core set, and then release the larger boxed expansions for sabbat or other such new groups.

It could work.

Unless the rumors are true in which case it would be vampires, Hunters, Werewolves and Mages as the 4 starter decks.

Seriously, who MADE these rumors anyhow?

vermillian said:

Seriously, who MADE these rumors anyhow?

Anonymous. On 4chan.

So we're just chatting about a completely possibly made up fabrication by someone who is quite possibly a bored twit?

vermillian said:

So we're just chatting about a completely possibly made up fabrication by someone who is quite possibly a bored twit?

Yup!

This would have made such a good LCG.

Which is probably true to say of a lot of the early CCG's that came and went in a flash, but if I were looking to reanimate any CCG as an LCG, this one would definitely be in my top three. Assuming they can create a workaround for the multi-player requirement.

My top three CCG's for LCG treatment?

In no particular order:

• Netrunner (Thank you FFG! :wub: )
  • Vampire: The Eternal Struggle
  • Legend of the Five Rings (although, that one is still going as a CCG after 17 years! :o )

Not that there's anything wrong with the LCG's that have already been released, but these would be my top three.

Would love to see this return as a LCG, great background, depth and scope.

I second this response; we'd be all over it as well. That's a blind pre-order.

Edited by Blutsteigen

while we're bringing back old white wolf card games: how about a Rage LCG?

But VTES with the NWOD clans would be cool. I even have the name and slogan:

Vampire: Modern Nights... a Living card game about the Undead

It's already been confirmed FFG will not be doing VtES.

VtES still has an active player community. Virtual sets, tournament support, etc.