40K Blake's Seven

By Nerd King, in Black Crusade

It just occured to me this afternoon....a group of criminals (heretics) en route to sentancing find the Liberator (ancient relic/deamon prince/patron) which enables their escape from the oppressive Federation (Imperium).

They then begin a private war against the regime, personified by (Inquisitor) Servalan - the reoccuring adversary.

I think I have my first campaign concept mapped out...

Nice, very, very nice aplauso.gif

Blake - Heretic (believes in freedom - whatever next!)

Avon - Renegade admech

Jenna - Raider

Cally - Psyker

Villa - Scum (but very cleaver scum)

Gan - Ex IG grunt, condemned for killing an officer

Tarrant - Ex IN captain

Daya - Feral world fighter

Soolin - Gunmetal City gunslinger

Zen / Orac / Slave - ancient machine spirit, or demonic presence (the real intelligence of the group demonio.gif )

DW

I think that would work better as a variant of Rogue Trader. But it could very well work here as well. Im just want to see exactly how "corrupted" and choasy this game is first.

Go for a trifecta of heresy, the Liberator is an ancient Xeno ship (Necron maybe?) and Orac is a heretek Abominable Intelligence.

I actually thought about doing this in DH a long time ago (pre RT) as the acolytes where being run by a radical inquisitor as his any means necessary, deniable assets, but it would have been a lot of work to do it at the time and since fallen by the wayside as an idea.

This system sounds like a much better platform for it, at the moment without seeing any of it I'm probably more inclined toward the freedom fighter idea against the totalitarian imperium, than fairly retarded 'we just do it for chaos!' aspects.

I still drag out my B7 collection when TV is particually **** :)

Genius. I like it.

I like the idea, I'd play!

Giving the party their own ship raises the bar nicely, but then giving it a malevelnt, untrustworthy intelligence makes things scary for the PCs.

One minute they're ready to blast an Imperial fortress from orbit.

The next they're off in the warp with their computer singing to them madly.

yeah, that would be fun.