Detailed Hammers of Dorn

By Umbranus, in Deathwatch House Rules

As others here I am not really contend with how the IF came out, so I thought I just elaborate a bit on one of their least known successor chapters, taking into account what's written in RoB, add a bit DYO Chapter and a bit about how I'd like them to be.

This is what came out of it:

Hammers of Dorn

Imperial Fists Successor
Colors: Black with gold
Chapter Characteristics Modifier: +5T, +5Will
Chapter Demeanor: No Mercy, No Respite
Combat Doctrine: Siege
Solomode: As IF
Squad Mode Attack Pattern: Siege-Breaker
Squad Mode Defencive Stance: Courage under Fire
Chapter Homeworld: Fleet Based
Divergent Chapter: More Devastators and heavy Armor
Advances: As IF

Battle Cry: Captain:"He is the anvil!" All:"We are the Hammer!"

Chapter trappings:
Devotional Hammer (Like Ceremonial Sword but +2Dmg -Balanced)
Aiguillettes and Lanyards:*
These ornamental braided cords exist in different materials,
each representing another trait.
They can be worn from shoulder to Chestplate or connected to the sidearm.

Gold: +2 to Fellowship tests
Silver: Works as a charm
Squad colors: The kill-team restores 1 bonus Cohesion for every Primary Objective achieved.

Starting Talents:
Rival (Ultramarines)
Hatred (Word Bearers)

Shoulder Heraldry

*I hope I got the right Names for those Chapter trappings. English is not my native language and it took me quite a while to find those words.

Why I changed what I did:

I didn't like the obsessive part about carving the bones with the IF, especially as they lack the skill or the Talented (scrimshaw) on their advances list which I think should arise from such an obsession. So instead of adding something to the list I just took another demeanor for the Hammers of Dorn.

And I didn't like the Squad mode Attack Pattern, because in my book there are weapons better suited für a siege that the bolter. So why give them Bolterdrill?

About the characteristics: Few here liked the +10 Will and neigther did I. So I rolled on the table in DYO Chapter ant took the first result including +5Will.
I Would have liked +5Will +5BS better but didn't want to choose it just because it would be best for the Dev I'm going to play.

Hammers of Dorn FTW. gran_risa.gif No more 'Girlyman is my spiritual liege.'

Anyway I got a new iteration of the Crimson Fists coming up, a post-RoB version.

Alex

ak-73 said:

Hammers of Dorn FTW. gran_risa.gif No more 'Girlyman is my spiritual liege.'

Anyway I got a new iteration of the Crimson Fists coming up, a post-RoB version.

Alex

But .....but...i love Girlyman *cries*

Does anyone have additional info on the Hammers?
The english Lexicanum page on them was deleted for unknown reasons and I don't know or own the card game they were invented for.
The german Lexicanum page doen't contail much info and I don't understand the other languages well enough to be able to read it.

So in anyone has additional pieses of information I would be grateful.

For example I just made them fleet based because I had no intel about their homeworld.