Gen Con 2011 'Taster' Game

By HPLustcraft, in Black Crusade

Heya!

I know there is nothing official about this yet, but what do all of you think about the possibility (or probability) of Black Crusade getting an early release at Gen Con, much like Deathwatch did last year?

And if it is to be released there, what's the possibility one of the writers will run a 'taster' game for it at Gen-Con (much like Andrea Gaussman did for Deathwatch in 2010)?

I managed to wrangle a ticket to that game ('Know No Fear') last year, and it kicked ass! It would be good to know if I should look for one this year when the craziness starts May 1!

Or I could be experiencing warp-delusions...

L-

I find it likely that all of the above will happen. I'm 99% sure we will see some sort of product sold at GenCon and I'm 100% that if we do it will sell out before everyone who wants one gets one :)

gathrawny said:

I find it likely that all of the above will happen. I'm 99% sure we will see some sort of product sold at GenCon and I'm 100% that if we do it will sell out before everyone who wants one gets one :)

I don't know about that, they were darned well prepared with Deathwatch, since it supposedly lasted into Friday or Saturday. As opposed to Rogue Trader's day one sellout. Sold out of copies they bring to Gencon? Almost certainly. But maybe not day one.

Yea they have definitely been improving. Maybe for BC they'll finally get enough to hold through all of Gencon, but I doubt it.

I expect a "teaser" release for RPG day in June just like they did RT and DW. It will be a slim tome of tantalizing details that torment you with thier vagueness and leave you wanting to know more. Hmm...that sounds like just the kind of lure Chaos uses. A coincidence, I'm sure.

gathrawny said:

Yea they have definitely been improving. Maybe for BC they'll finally get enough to hold through all of Gencon, but I doubt it.

Well, having copies left over wouldn't be ideal for them as a company. Because that means they have to pay to take copies back. Though enough to last until Saturday gives most people a chance to get it at the con.

I think they probably will have some BC at Gencon, they'd be foolish not to.

I cannot speculate on what FFG intends to do release or date-wise, but I will say this year I am running one game at Gen Con. It will be a combo RT/Ascension/Deathwatch game. (No Black Crusade characters.)

Scheduling that "release day" game was difficult because you have to submit events so early to Gen Con. I couldn't put Deathwatch in the description last year because it would have constituted me giving the game away (to Gen Con staff) before it was announced. I had to communicate several times with FFG (who were nothing but gracious) to get the OK and make the compromise that we did on how I wrote up the game.

-Andrea

Disclaimer: The above is not meant to imply any hints about the release plan for BC. I truly do not know what it is, so there is nothing to read into.

www.freerpgday.com/

Black Crusade is listed as being given out as a quick-start up and adventure.