Khorne is Coming... >>> Announcing Omens of War, a Supplement for Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

By FFG DanielC, in WFRP Archived Announcements

Fantasy Flight Games is pleased to announce Omens of War, a new supplement for Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay.

You can read the announcement here .

Remember that you can read about many of our forthcoming products in our Sifting Through Shadows document, which is available here .

Enjoy the gaAAARRRGHHHH BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE THRONE OF KHORNE!

Really Nice ! I can't wait for it... these severe injuries make me very curious :)

Blood For The Blood God! Skulls For The Skull Throne! gran_risa.gif

Can't wait to see the Knightly Orders and mounted combat. I will keep my fingers crossed to see it in April 2011. gran_risa.gif

Dang - I am REALLY looking forward to this. Not my favourite Chaos god, but definitely the most interesting sounding expansion (for me) thus far.

Can't wait to lop limbs and gouge eyes from my players :)

Advanced fighter Careers ! That's what I'm looking for!

...and the thought of 50 more combat-oriented Action Cards is pretty enticing as well!

schoon said:

Advanced fighter Careers ! That's what I'm looking for!

...and the thought of 50 more combat-oriented Action Cards is pretty enticing as well!

I have a feeling that quite a few of those actions will be for the new creatures, fingers crossed that the PC action cards far outweigh the Creature ones.

I also am exited for advanced combat careers and Knightly Orders w/ Mount rules

This ought to get my group jazzed!

jh

yummy

khorneflakes_by_maltgrqmax.jpg

skolo said:

yummy

khorneflakes_by_maltgrqmax.jpg

Wonderful, just wonderful!

Ok, so Omens Of War is at the printer but I wonder when it's going to be on the boat?

And when will we see the announcement of Black Fire Pass?

Besides the interesting rule aspect of the enhancement (sacrifice dices to get more effects), I don't see what that means in roleplay terms. Probably nothing. Could someone help me how to explain that to the players ? Why my gun is piercing if I sacrifice a dice ?

willmanx said:

Besides the interesting rule aspect of the enhancement (sacrifice dices to get more effects), I don't see what that means in roleplay terms. Probably nothing. Could someone help me how to explain that to the players ? Why my gun is piercing if I sacrifice a dice ?

The other enhancement card that we've been teased with "Dangerous modifications" at least has a roleplaying aspect as you load extra powder into your gun before firing. The "Stilled breath" though seems more mechanical. But well, you could view it as you hold your breath, really focusing on aiming and hitting where the armour is weaker (like in the armpits or somesuch) and thus you gain piercing on the attack. The loss of dice could be because you have a much smaller target area (if you miss the armpit for example it is more likely that you miss your target alltogether).

thanks I'll try to figure descriptions like that on each card when I'll put my hands on them (can't wait :) ).

willmanx said:

thanks I'll try to figure descriptions like that on each card when I'll put my hands on them (can't wait :) ).

Yeah, hopefully most of them are like the "dangerous modifications" card, as it is very easy to understand how the card works thematically. (like "oh my Sigmar, that's one enormous greater deamon, I need to add more black powder to even be able to scratch that beast")

willmanx said:

It seems no different than any other called shot mechanic. You are trying to hit a more difficult target that will yield a better hit (in this case, bypass armor).

It's now listed as on the boat. How long does that usually take?

well...from China to USA, from USA to Europe...

Saint&Sinner said:

It's now listed as on the boat. How long does that usually take?

5-6 weeks to the US, if previous releases are any indicator.

Finaly on the boat. Now I'm waiting for a pre-order to order my a copy of this amazing expansion.

hi here,

I have a buy a pdf version of omens of war for a new carreer.

Except them are not would be it there possible for people which does not wish to play with cards, to have a rules to play the news carreer and the new actions?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Desolé for my approximate English, I am French.

If you don't want to play with cards to the 3rd edition then you are screw up, sorry :(

FFG won't release things like the Player's Guide or the GM's guide anymore, which means that to be able to access to all new content (like Ome's of War or Hero's Call) you need yes or yes to buy the boxes with the cards.

I m french, i read in english but my players is french too but not read in english.

Thus the english action cards is useless.

I buying no more a pdf from ffg then, thank you for your response