Short question about tech-card "monarchy"

By django6, in Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game

The tech-card "monarchy" allows me to obsolete an ancient wonder as well as killing a unit from another players standing forces for just one ressource. if I´m the germans, is this the way I could play the game:

I already have monarchy researched.

In phase 5 I research a tech which upgrade my units, so I get one of this unit-type and a ressource of my choice (would be silk, so I could use monarchy next turn).

In the next city management phase I harvest on additional silk from one of my cities.

Then I use Monarchy twice to kill two units of my opponent.

In phase 5 I research a tech which upgrade my units...

--> If I have enough tech-points to reasearch every round, I get a unit for free and I can kill two of my opponents units... Is this really the way I can play the game?? I´ve done it in our last game and I thought that this playing style ist somehow... overpowered...

Page 22 of the rule book states "Each resource ability may only be used once per turn, regardless of how many resource tokens a player has." This would put a small damper in how many you could kill each turn but the rest of the strategy is valid.

Oh, thank you. I haven´t read this.

But killing one, getting one for free and maybe buying one is strong enough, I think... :-)