Big changes in some LCG cards.

By johnny shoes, in CoC General Discussion

Triggerman is a whole new illustration!

Torch the Joint went down from cost 3 to cost 2.

Anthropology Advisor gained AI (was C is CAI).

Thing From The Stars text box is modified, adding "(minimum of one)" and "domain drained to pay for Thing.."

Visiting Author went up from skill 2 to skill 3.

Forest Sister went up from skill 1 to skill 2.

Sacrificial Offerings text box is modified to choose and wound..."controlled by an opponent."

Pickman's target character in the text box is affected "until the end of the phase."

The .45 Pistols is still an Attachment and an Item, but no longer a Weapon.

Steve Clarney defected from MU to Agency.

The Short Fuse image is panned in significantly.

Looks like some of the errata actually made their way to the cards then, after all.

And...

johnny shoes said:

Torch the Joint went down from cost 3 to cost 2.

What? Resource destruction costs 2 now? Agency needs a boost, no doubt about that... but wow. This still doesn't make the ResDestr deck type completely viable, though, but that is a huge change. Does Torch the Joint still say "support", btw?

Now, I'd like to know if the CCG time corresponding cards can be used in tournaments as though they were the new versions.

Steve Clarney changed factions? Ugh.

Otherwise, I'm happy with many of those changes. The .45s no longer being weapons sounds like a typo though. *sigh*

Is there a complet (spoiler-) list of the cards?

@ PeralJamaholic

Thanx! Miss that...

Some of these changes are sloppy indeed... :/

I had spotted a couple changes of artwork or brightening of pictures, but some of these mechanical and cost changes had slipped past me.

FFG changed some cards for the AGOT Core Set too. They dropped their cost or added icons so they are much more playable right now.

What's your impression on cards white borders? For me COC cards look unfinished with the white borders. Just an impression.

Max Wax said:

What's your impression on cards white borders? For me COC cards look unfinished with the white borders. Just an impression.

I quite like the white borders. The cards look ok with them. Black would have been better, but hey ho.

Max Wax said:

FFG changed some cards for the AGOT Core Set too. They dropped their cost or added icons so they are much more playable right now.

Rebalancing is fine, but why not give a new art and a new name, to avoid confusion?!

Core Sets were a good time to "fix" or improve some cards. In AGOT some cards got changed due to new game mechanics introduced in the CS. Some got major changes [card text change; new wording; new (usually more) icons; different card's cost; new art or new card design], some minor, some none. I don't think there will be much confussion using them, because of the change of card borders - that's a radical visual difference between versions. Anyway, if there will be any confussion, only the old players might be confused with the new..

Max Wax said:

Core Sets were a good time to "fix" or improve some cards. In AGOT some cards got changed due to new game mechanics introduced in the CS. Some got major changes [card text change; new wording; new (usually more) icons; different card's cost; new art or new card design], some minor, some none. I don't think there will be much confussion using them, because of the change of card borders - that's a radical visual difference between versions. Anyway, if there will be any confussion, only the old players might be confused with the new..

...still, it's an issue simply solved by giving a new cardname...

Top Five Miskatonic 3 cost characters (no order):

Local Historian (Investigate boost)

Fringe Researcher (Artifact Engine only)

Charlatan (opponent exhaust ability)

Steve Clarney (willpower, toughness equalizer)

New Anthropology Advisor ( Investigators get: cost reduction to zero and +1 Investigate)

Honorable Mention: Government Liaison (+2 Toughness), Professor of Metaphysics (opponents play with hand revealed) and old Anthropology Advisor.

New Visiting Author with added one skill, with transient and discard recursion and CII, still not quite.

New Forest Sister skill is up from one to two. Why is this. I think it is to better represent the two cost Shub character choice. She is a product of the distilled nature of core format. Forest Sister provides a cultist with terror and, of especial power for two cost, wound disrupt ability. In olden days, all that good stuff should be offset by less skill. Mrs. Watkins, though Loyal, with big 3 skill, and (like Forest Sister) great wound disrupt sacrifice ability, is similar but less iconic. For two cost Shub I like Ageless Mi-Go and Mi-Go Worker. But that's a whole other theme.

The new Triggerman is a Patrick McEvoy, CO F67. (Eric Wilkerson illustrated the first Triggerman FR U42- also did Clarney and Legrasse). McEvoy illustrated six Dunwich Denizens cards. None in the two AP since. I thought he said he was no longer illustrating Cthulhu cards. Even if this is an old illustration, I'm happy to see it.

.45 Pistols used to not be a Weapon. Now it is a Weapon. My mistake reporting it backwards.

Torch the Joint card type is corrected to Event. Is its cost reduction the biggest thing for Agency since before the first AP? I think so.