horse and horse & cart

By Gonad the Ballbarian, in Talisman

My friend and I decided to let you guys settle a dispute between us. He says if you have both the riding horse and horse & cart, you can roll 2 dice for movement AND add 1. I say you only add 1 if you roll 1 die. A pizza is riding on this..... Thanks.

My copy of H&C doesn't have anything about adding to your movement (from Reaper). IIRC, in the old editions H&C allowed you to add 1 to your move.

Dam said:

My copy of H&C doesn't have anything about adding to your movement (from Reaper). IIRC, in the old editions H&C allowed you to add 1 to your move.

That's what I remember too, though I have some inkling that the Riding Horse (from some expansion?) allowed adding 1 as well, optionally after the roll.

Gonad the Ballbarian said:

My friend and I decided to let you guys settle a dispute between us. He says if you have both the riding horse and horse & cart, you can roll 2 dice for movement AND add 1. I say you only add 1 if you roll 1 die. A pizza is riding on this..... Thanks.

I can't find any reference to add 1 to movement. Are you playing with an international edition or something?

horse and card: +8 Objects held

horse: roll 2 dice for movement.

Also not seeing +1 for any reason. Although from a flavor perspective, adding horses to your cart would make it go faster...

Not even remotely related, but yesterday had Riding Horse + Mule + Princess, guess which on the Princess rode on partido_risa.gif !

Of course, today the Sorceress was running around with 2x Mule + Horse and Cart. Luckily Horse Thief was the 1st or 2nd card in the entire game.

I guess it helps if we actually READ the card. gran_risa.gif I "think" the +1 movement with Horse & Cart was on the 2nd edition card, but not 100% sure.

i think remenber, it was in the second edition (in a expantion)

if i have time, i will look at that !

Gonad the Ballbarian said:

I guess it helps if we actually READ the card. gran_risa.gif I "think" the +1 movement with Horse & Cart was on the 2nd edition card, but not 100% sure.

So does this mean that you and your friend owe all of us a pizza?

I like lots of toppings, thin crust.

I had the second edition for a long time. If I remember correctly, you could us a horse to add 2 to your movement but, you then had to leave your followers behind. With a horse and cart, you could add 1 to your movement and carry all of your followers. So if you had both, you could move one extra space or two extra spaces and leave all of your followers.

In the new edition, I was bummed to see that the extra movement from horse and cart had been removed so it does not apply to the discussion.