this came in under the radar

By pumpkin, in Black Crusade

I personally reckon it will be about ascension level, which makes the most sense to me as it nakes the chaos marines about equal to the high-level cultists if you see what i mean judging by the comparison between deathwatch and ascension.

A grim and gritty campaign could be done with cultists of pre-ascension DH level. But I wouldn't be upset by ascension level masterminds of corruption.

I'll add to the chorus of "I didn't see this coming but am pleased to hear it". Though I do wish FFG would crack out an Ad Mech sourcebook/game.

Tunnelhckrat said:

....I wanna be a noise marine.

This FTW! I would play a Noise Marine as they are meant to be portrayed, as if a member of Motley Crue took that final step beyond the moral pale!

Yummm...Chaos....Out of curiousity, is there a date (tentative or otherwise) involved/announced etc? I'd sure like an idea of WHEN.... demonio.gif

Likely a convention release this summer followed by general release in the September-October range.

i sense a Horus Heresy Campaign in the works

Kenzie said:

This would psyche implicitly. I'd love to play a rank and file marine having to watch his Legion fall from grace (thousand sons and Word Bearers anyone?)

Kenzie said:

I was half expecting this chaos/new tier game to have been a Horus Era one. It was obviosu Chaos was coming, but not in what way. A Heresy game could be sweet though, too.

Amazon release dates are completely fabricated.

On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if they are shooting for a Gen Con release.

I think I'd be outright shocked if they do not have it at Gen Con seeing as how they've had the last two there. And it sounds like they're pretty far along with it, if not basically done already. Last minute editing, sending to publisher, etc? And have it by the con. Timing makes sense.