this came in under the radar

By pumpkin, in Black Crusade

Wonder if this means FFG will do further RPGs based in 40k, playing races other than humans next maybe?

Also, why does this get its own forum category, is it really that special?! demonio.gif

It is a stand alone game, so far those have received their own forums thus far.

pumpkin said:

Wonder if this means FFG will do further RPGs based in 40k, playing races other than humans next maybe?

This is what I'm most excited about. I like Chaos, but more character options in the form of xenos is what I'm waiting for.

Only issue is that it'll be very hard to justify a party of people from different 40K RPGs working together.

An Eldar RPG would be very exciting to see.

Coming 2015...

DA WAAAGH! (a 40k RPG)

Just wishin'.

Toqtamish said:

An Eldar RPG would be very exciting to see.

Agreed. I would be extremely pleased by that.

Yeah, I agree this announcement totally knocked my socks off. Whether or not it will be a purchase remains to be seen, I'm not particularly fond of Chaos but I admit they have plenty of RP potential. For the most part I'm surprised the game has actually expanded beyond the intended trilogy and produced this. Now the question remains... how will this interconnect with the original three RPGs and the metric ton of players handbooks, published adventures, and setting supplements?

Long time Chaos fan, so really this whole thing has me psyched. I'm wondering how much detail they'll go into on Chaos Space Marines to begin with. I'll be thrilled if they eventually put out a sourcebook covering the Legion, though. :D

This really came as a surprise for me.
I am wondering what else is in store?

Green Power! The eco Warriors who say Waagh

Silent Meditation! A game of enigmatic Aliens and the riddle of the Wrathbone

To serve the Queen! Tyranids on the loose

Oh the possibilities.

i had to a double take lol especially as have been a chaos player since i started the tt 22 yrs ago lol this remind sme of the old Realms Of Chaos books where you made your warband and duked it out to earn your demonhood bring on the Word Bearers

I would like to see FFG fix the errors in their current games and bring interessting Stuff for them and increades quality standards for missprints instead of bumping a new RPG every year!

Serieously, who needs that? partido_risa.gif

Well this game might have come under the radar but this has got me psyched for the 40K setting once again.

Blindsided by this one, in a very happy way that its coming out. Worst comes to worst I'll use it to make the meanest NPC's ever :)

Dark Heresy, Deatchwatch, Rogue Trader..now this. Are they really need to be all NEW standalone RPG systems, with tons of additional books?

with errors, missprints etc. 60 bucks , heh

if you dont want it dont buy it then i plan on because i love chaos in tt

Im not saying I will not buy it. I`m just wondering of a purpose of new system, instead of huge addon for those that already exist...

It's come in under the radar because all the people involved, myself included, had to go to FFG's secret temple and take part in a ritual over an eight-pointed star alter, where we were anointed in the blood of servants of the False Emperor, and in being sworn to secrecy, had our tongues branded with the names of the Chaos Gods.

And then came.... the dreaded legal documentation! sorpresa.gif lengua.gif

Golgenna Grenadier said:

It is a stand alone game, so far those have received their own forums thus far.

I actually mean't that FFG had initially put it in the roleplaying games forum sub section rather than the RPGs sub section, but they've moved it now.

Roleplaying games sub section is still there strangely, but now has nothing in it....

Wow. Just WOW.

I never had any inkling anyhting like this was in the pipeline! And judging by the general reaction on here, neither were the rest of the community.

This is what I love about FFG; always pushing higher and higher (I'd akin it to addiction, chasing the next fix but this is a family site and quite wholesome so I shall not mention such things...oh). Although White Wolf Publishing should get kudos for breaking away from orthodox protagonists.

Celebration! Who wouldn't like the option of expanding the 40k rpg experience? I for one will be getting this (not addicted, no). I quite like the idea of the snivelling, back stabbing cultist turned warp tainted, soul consuming sorcerer!

keltheos said:

Coming 2015...

DA WAAAGH! (a 40k RPG)

Just wishin'.

Roleplaying as an Ork in a mob:

youizanorkdi0.png

Yeah. Everybody's seen it. Doesn't mean it's not funny and applicable.

Frostfire said:

Yeah. Everybody's seen it. Doesn't mean it's not funny and applicable.

Actually, that is the first time that I have seen it. That made me laugh out loud.

....I wanna be a noise marine.

Red Die Guy said:

Wow. Just WOW.

I never had any inkling anyhting like this was in the pipeline! And judging by the general reaction on here, neither were the rest of the community.

They actually hinted at this before Deathwatch's release. Some stray comments in a podcast about how Chaos wasn't playable... yet. And it would be a new 'tier' of play. I've been expecting this announcement for a while now. :P Though ddidn't know if it would be a full game or a sourcebook.

It is certainly cool from the standpoint that it means there's probably more in the works. Either Eldar or Orks. Both which I think are sorely needed. the Former since they're practically designed for this sort of system with all the built in splats. The Latter because they're PC: The Race.

EDIT: Also cool because it's the first 'game' that wasn't part of the original trilogy way back in the day when it was first announced as DH -> RT -> DW

Dulahan said:

They actually hinted at this before Deathwatch's release. Some stray comments in a podcast about how Chaos wasn't playable... yet. And it would be a new 'tier' of play. I've been expecting this announcement for a while now. :P Though ddidn't know if it would be a full game or a sourcebook.

Well aren't you the perceptive one? I actually failed my perception test (badly).

I really didn't think they would do anything new until they had milked the original three systems. Although thinking about it, source books take up less resources than a brand new system. Like you said, this announcement sends out an exciting message that other races are possible! Good times!

In the mean time lets set our black hearts to daemonhood ascension (though that might be an expansion, yeah, probably).

Sister Callidia said:

This really came as a surprise for me.
I am wondering what else is in store?

Green Power! The eco Warriors who say Waagh

Silent Meditation! A game of enigmatic Aliens and the riddle of the Wrathbone

To serve the Queen! Tyranids on the loose

Oh the possibilities.

Mechanicum VULT!

Service to the Omnisiah