Addam Marbrand

By player1828, in Battles of Westeros

When Addam Marbrand attack for example an unengaged unit, he may use a flank attack.
There are a few comanderspecific leadership card with a little icon of Addam Marbrand, witch allows you,
„if Lannister moral is green or better, then ordered units gain +1 attack die, when flanking this turn.“
Can I use this leadership cards with Addam Marbrand´s unit, when he attacks a unengaged unit, because normaly you only can flanking a unit when you attack a engaged unit?
Hope you understand my question.

Thanks for helping

Strat

Morbrand's ability means that he always attacks using flanking rules (including rerols and any bonuses given by cards).

When he attacks unit, that is engaged with some other, he gains flanking by regular rules, and when his attack engages unit, he also gets flanking because of his own ability.

dark_dar said:

Morbrand's ability means that he always attacks using flanking rules (including rerols and any bonuses given by cards).

When he attacks unit, that is engaged with some other, he gains flanking by regular rules, and when his attack engages unit, he also gets flanking because of his own ability.

That's true. With permission, i'll complete your answer with a detail as it appears in FAQ and Errata - Version 1.2.1 available in this web (copy-paste):

Q. Does Addam Marbrand (as “Warrior ofAshemark”) always use a flank attack?
A.Yes. However, he must still engage the target unit if the target unit does not yet have an engagement token.

On a random note, Addam Marbrand (Warrior of Ashenmark) is my favorite commander in the core game. He's not flashy like some of the others but he's just a solid and dependable commander who always seems to play an important role in my strategies. Though of course you use him in almost all of the battles in the core game.

Just last night it was his cavalry wing that flanked the Starks and captured Catelyn Stark in sceanrio five, and also killed the last Stark Unit to give me the 5 VP's I needed to activate the instant win condition. Go go House Marbrand!

DragonWhimsy said:

On a random note, Addam Marbrand (Warrior of Ashenmark) is my favorite commander in the core game. He's not flashy like some of the others but he's just a solid and dependable commander who always seems to play an important role in my strategies. Though of course you use him in almost all of the battles in the core game.

Just last night it was his cavalry wing that flanked the Starks and captured Catelyn Stark in sceanrio five, and also killed the last Stark Unit to give me the 5 VP's I needed to activate the instant win condition. Go go House Marbrand!

I couldn't agree more! In scenario 1 it was Marbrand's cavalry which raced across the river on the final turn to ****** the objective I needed for a Lannister victory - to the complete chagrine of my dumbfounded opponents - in scenario 2, it was Marbrand's unit that managed to destroy the Stark cavalry holding one of the fords, and then tie up Rickard Karstark's 'deathstar' unit in the dying turns of the battle, and in scenario three it was Marbrand's cavalry that routed the last Kennelmaster's unit, thus securing a Lannister instant victory.

All in all, considering I have only played these three scenarios, he would seem to be the dog's proverbials.