More about the story...

By ElfSpeaker, in Anima: Tactics

Hello,

I've started becoming interested in Anima Tactics because I really like the models and want to add a skirmish game to my collection. I am, however, finding it difficult to find any story information about the various organizations. Any ideas where I can find this?

Thanks

The main rulebook for Anima: Tactics contains information on the world, information on the organisations and a background for 70-odd characters.

Its a good place to start, then if you want to get further into the backstory its time to look at the RPG books such as Gaia Volume 1 which contains information on the Old Continent in a great amount of detail.

- Raith

Thanks for the quick response. I'm reluctant to purchase the rulebook before deciding if I really want to play the game. Unfortunately, neither of my FLGSs stock Anima Tactics regularly so I don't have anywhere to browse the book.

Are there any online sources that explain the organizations in a little more detail than the starter box rules sheet? I'm really just looking to see a few paragraphs on each so I can get a feel for them.

Thanks for the help.

Hmm, there's nothing official that I can think of.

You could take a look at the Cipher Studios forums someone might have described them in brief over there

cipher-studios.com/AnimaBB/index.php

Your best bet might be to see if there is a Free Agent operating in your Area, then attend a demonstration day and they will be able to explain the factions in detail

Anyways I have put together something, its not much, really summarizes a lot and for those with more knowledge reading this, yes I have glossed over somethings and have really only scratched the surface about the organizations, if I didn't these wouldn't be summaries and I would be typing for a really long time...

The Sacred Holy Empire of Abel: Established to rule the word the Empire has recently suffered a civil war that saw the death of the last Emperor and the promotion of his daughter the Child-Empress Elizabetta into power. The Empress while blessed by the powers that be is not considered fit to rule by everyone and while she has proven herself capable her Empire is much divided. The Empire is Guarded by an Organisation called the Knights of Heaven which has various tiers, the highest tiers the Knights of the 7th Heaven are her personal bodyguards, each is a warrior of nigh unsurpassed skill and are both terrors on the battlefield and capable commanders.

The Azur alliance is a breakaway group of principalities from the Holy Empire. Lead by MAthew Gaul they have formed an alliance obstensibly under the mission to protect themselves and thier ways of life from the Empire but also to gain more power for themselves. Gaul who controls the Alliance almost completely wishes to use his newly gathered power to put himself as the ruler of a new Empire. To this end he has selected unique people with the power to manipulate reality, the so called Arbiters. Each Arbiter hides thier true face behind a helm, each is dedicated to Gaul and are his generals in the field using thier powers to sway battles in thier favour.

The Church is at once a part of the Holy Empire and a separate entity, in fact they consider the Empire to be a part of the church. The Church try to stay outside of the politics sweeping the world entering into it when they feel they will ultimately gain an increase in support. It is the responsibility of the Church to spread faith to the world but also to protect it from the dark creatures that lurk in the shadows. To this end they have two organizations, the Inquisition who hunt down and destroy any supernatural entities and powers they encounter and NAthaniel who are dedicated to the study of supernatural events and determining if the occurrence is a sign from god.

Hidden away from the world is Samael, an organisation dedicated to protecting the remnants of the supernatural races that still exists. Ruling over Samael is an organization called the Fallen Angels, this organisation control a loose cell based system that tries to protect Samaels members as best they can. Samael is everywhere, its people operating in all the major cities and out in the countryside using potent enchantments to hide its members true nature. But not all is benevolent about Samael, many of the Fallen Angels do not want to remain hidden or simply live alongside mankind, there is a faction that wishes for the Supernatural world to reclaim its lost glory and rule over the world or eliminate mankind (and maybe everything else) entierly.

Founded by the outcast heir of the Empire's original bloodline is Wissenschaft (Meaning Science) a secret organization built by Lucanor for an important purpose. What that purpose is even Lucanor may not know but for now Wissenschaft concentrates on rebuilding the lost sciences and combining them with magical methods, the results are amazing, guns, holographic cloaking fields and Giant Robots are just some of the technology this organization has access to. The Crows and Deva's of Wissenschraft are highly trained and equipped men and women dedicated to thier prince, they use this rediscovered technology on the quiet battlefields of the world. Each of these agents has undergone a special right called the Process were thier blood is replaced with a black liquid and a psychic crystal is implanted in their brain, this Process allows normal people to achieve feats of Inhumanity.

Finally there is the Black Sun. On the surface it is the worlds first Mega-Corporation a massive trading conglomerate spread across the world. It is their illegitimate dealings that have won them great power. Black Sun trades in forbidden magical items and spells selling these esoteric secrets around the world, during an expedition to find new artifacts they discovered the Book of the Dead. Rather than sell the object on they have learned from its pages and created a strange hybrid of magic and metal creating powerful undead abominations under their control, perhaps they originally planned to simply make new weapons of war to sell on but now that the experiments have proven how potent these creatures are they now turn thier eyes to more lucrative outcomes.

- Raith

Wow, thank you very much. This is exactly the kind of summery I was looking for. I'll have to try to find out if there's a local free agent and get in a trial game.