Basic Strategies for Core Set + Assault on Ulthuan

By eyseman, in Warhammer Invasion Deck Building

Hi everyone!

I am new to Warhammer Invasion and just got the core set. My friends and I really enjoy this game, me in particular due to

my addiction to Warhammer in general. But we are a little bit careful about buying new expansions, because we had bad

experiences with the booster pack madness regarding Magic, StarTrek.... ect. *gg*

So, could the experts of you ;) please post basic strategies for the fractions in the core set and Assault on Ulthan only?

For example, how to play Orcs in general or what is the best strategy Orcs vs. Empire and so on.

I think this would be very helpful for all beginners that just want to get an idea about the game and can then, after gaining experience,

move on to expansions.

Thx!

Cheers,

eyseman

With just a single copy of these 2 sets, cards aren't really going to be going anywhere all that often, so power cards like Contested Stronghold and Master Rune of Dischord (i think... whatever that 4 gold Dwarf one is) are going to jump up in usefulness a lot.

Dwarf has the potential to outmuscle really well, just fill the field with HP and toughness, and you wont have to worry about units getting through your defense (just watch out for Troll Vomit)

Orc can still rush. They're really strong out of the box. Lobber Crew is even better in this format.

For Empire, you're going to have trouble dealing serious damage, so any means you have of boosting damage should probably make it in your deck. (ie. Greatswords, Shrine to Taal)

Chaos has a lot of really good cheap character control, you probably have about the same strategy as usual, just use your effects for defense and to surgically strike zones. Savage Gors is nice.

Dark Elf will also have trouble dealing damage, but still have some great disruption. Vile Sorceress is very nice, even if you only get one. You can do the Har Ganath + Walking Sacrifice combo out of the box too.

High Elf is pretty weak, but Swordsmasters will tie up the battlefield pretty easily (except maybe vs. Chaos or Empire) They are a good choice for Contested Stronghold, so you can set up some cool, but lower tier combos like Gift of Aenerion + Wake the Dragons.

~~~

Just some theorycraft. Your mileage may vary.