Will FFG ever have TtD back in print?

By Hahnarama, in Through The Desert

As far as I can tell it's been backordered for as long as I can rememeber.

With their recent licencing rights on other products this is probably not a priority, thank-fully there are plenty of copies available online from bgg and ebay. :)

It's on my list of things to get an extra copy for in case I wear mine out. ;)

I'm lucky... I can play with my friends TtD!

Yes, I wasn't sure whether to get this game, but I did, and it turned out to be one of my wife's favorites.

hahnarama said:

As far as I can tell it's been backordered for as long as I can rememeber.

You may also keep an eye open for the german version with the title Durch die Wüste since the game is language-independant.

No Clue Han?

But it is popular at BGG, it sure sounds fun, another Knizia game I need to get gran_risa.gif

Hendal said:

No Clue Han?

But it is popular at BGG, it sure sounds fun, another Knizia game I need to get gran_risa.gif

My wife found a copy at my FLGS on 12/24. She got it for $21 !!! SCORE

If you have the choice and the shelf space to store it, the original version is a bit nicer than Fantasy Flight's.

So, no idea on when I have to wait till I can get my own copy? My local hobby store doesn't have it. I dunno if I should wait for a reprint or get one now. preocupado.gif

Yes, the original copy is much nicer than FFG's. I have a friend who has the original, which I like better. I bought the FFG version a couple months ago and wasn't really impressed. For one thing, the color of the camels, particularly the green and blue are almost the same color, so its hard to differentiate between the two. One friend in my game club is color blind, so this isn't a very good feature.

If my memory is correct, my friend's version has very bright camel colors, so its much easier to tell. They aren't these really light pastel colors where the blue and green are practically the same. In fact, my copy had two sets of the blue camels, so I had to contact FFG to get a set of green camels. They sent me a blue set the first time, and so when i contacted them again, they only sent like 5 green camels. I still need to contact them about getting a complete set of green camels. Hmmm......I should of asked them about that when I emailed them before about getting replacement camels. I can inquire when I contact them regarding my replacement camels, and let you know what I find out.

elektra said:

Yes, the original copy is much nicer than FFG's. I have a friend who has the original, which I like better. I bought the FFG version a couple months ago and wasn't really impressed. For one thing, the color of the camels, particularly the green and blue are almost the same color, so its hard to differentiate between the two. One friend in my game club is color blind, so this isn't a very good feature.

If my memory is correct, my friend's version has very bright camel colors, so its much easier to tell. They aren't these really light pastel colors where the blue and green are practically the same. In fact, my copy had two sets of the blue camels, so I had to contact FFG to get a set of green camels. They sent me a blue set the first time, and so when i contacted them again, they only sent like 5 green camels. I still need to contact them about getting a complete set of green camels. Hmmm......I should of asked them about that when I emailed them before about getting replacement camels. I can inquire when I contact them regarding my replacement camels, and let you know what I find out.

Wow. Generally I have found FF's customer service for issues like this to be the best of any game company I have ever dealt with. Actually, I think they are the best of ANY type of company I have dealt with.

Bump! Any word on the re-release date for this? This is one that I really want. Hurry up and wait. . .

Nghtflame7 said:

elektra said:

Wow. Generally I have found FF's customer service for issues like this to be the best of any game company I have ever dealt with. Actually, I think they are the best of ANY type of company I have dealt with.

Yes, that is what I've heard from lots of people. That's the first time I had to deal with their customer service. However, it was around Christmas last year that this happened, so I'm sure they were swamped with the holiday season, so I wasn't too uspet. In the end, I got my camels.

It's on the upcoming page, now. It doesnt list a date, but it is on the way.

My wife and family love the FFG version and often beg to play it. It is our most played Silver Line Game by far (Even over Citadels). Nice to see they are reprinting it as I often recommend it to others now.

So FFG finally announced a re-print of Through The Desert. Day late and a dollar short for me. I just literally a week ago purchased the KOSMOS edition off of e-Bay. Sorry FFG, leaving a great game out of print for too long equals fail.

JoeF is right, FFG. You don't leave a great game like Through the Desert out of print long like that. You don't do that to Arkham Horror or its expansion gone for long, why this? Anyway, I can't wait to get it, now that I know it's a fan favourite!

Agh, this is killing me! I really want this game, but this reprint is taking forever. Through The Desert is still listed as "on the boat" which means it could still be a while longer. I want those camels! ;)

With the Kosmos edition that some people have mentioned, what are the specific differences between that and the FFG version? I heard that the camels are maybe more brightly colored? Anything else different?

We got an email from FFG that this game is to be re-released in February. Looking forward to it, as I love the game and I've wanted a copy for as long as its been oop.

JerusalemJones said:

We got an email from FFG that this game is to be re-released in February. Looking forward to it, as I love the game and I've wanted a copy for as long as its been oop.

Sweet! That's good news! Thanks for the info!

JerusalemJones said:

We got an email from FFG that this game is to be re-released in February.

Ok, so today is officially February, so where IS it?! gui%C3%B1o.gif

Lol, j/k. Hopefully it's earlier in February as opposed to later though. I really want this game!