My new Battlelore 3D board (the 3rd times the charm)

By grubman, in Battlelore

Magnificent. I can say no more.

Cheers,

Giles.

You have blown my mind. That is awesome. Congrats to you! :)

It's very inspiring. Which is almost a bad thing. I was looking to get into a board/war game hybrid to avoid being tempted by such projects!

*cries* I'm totally envious though. Great job.

DragonWhimsy said:

I was looking to get into a board/war game hybrid to avoid being tempted by such projects!

But...that's what makes it so much fun :)

Uh...wow.

W...o...w....

I can't even begin to imagine the work that went into this, that is beyond words. I wish I had a tenth of the talent it takes to do that! aplauso.gif

They should hire you to do the Battlelore Collector's Edition!

My hat sir, is off to you.

Maroszek said:

I can't even begin to imagine the work that went into this, that is beyond words. I wish I had a tenth of the talent it takes to do that!

Thank you. I do, however believe everyone has the talent (or can learn the skills) to accomplish anything they desire. I'd say that it didnt' really take that much work...but it might just seem like that to me because I'm very ...er...intense... when I work on a project. And the "work" is really more like super-fun.

And the castle side troops aren't going after the house? Shame on them!!

...and it's an Inn on top of it! The sign of the green mask.

If you are interested, there is a step by step tutorial on how I built on of the ramparts over on the Boargame Geek thread I linked in the op.

grubman said:

If you are interested, there is a step by step tutorial on how I built on of the ramparts over on the Boargame Geek thread I linked in the op.

Will look at it when I get a chance. Am curious moreso with the actual map/board itself and how you did that. Since w/o that aspect, the other stuff (barring things like your ramparts and all the other stronghold type items) seems pretty easy to replicate.

Ah yes, well, I see paintbrushes in your pictures on BGG...that would require some degree of skill+hard work.

Hard work I can do...any amount of this type of skill? Not so much. My ability with a brush, pencil, marker, and/or crayon is barely functional at best. lengua.gif

I've tried to paint miniatures before...not pretty. My guys end up looking like burn victim's or contestants on "Who wants to replace Ronald McDonald!".

No, I will leave this type of endevor to those who can pull it off. Besides, I'd be afraid to play with it after making it look so awesome!

Caboose said:

Am curious moreso with the actual map/board itself and how you did that. Since w/o that aspect, the other stuff (barring things like your ramparts and all the other stronghold type items) seems pretty easy to replicate.
:)

drawnboard.jpg

hexsizetemp.jpg

paintedhexes.jpg

startflock.jpg

boardflocked.jpg

boardcardholders.jpg

battlecaddyunpainted.jpg

battlecaddypainted.jpg

purplefoam.jpg

Looks great. And thanks for the how to pics.

Okay, since you mention it, might as well ask - You mention you used hardboard vs styrofoam. Thus the pros/cons between the 2 and all, based on your experience! Thanks.

And gather it was all one piece ?? ( Looks like 40" length wide by 24" across )

Okay, and lastly, what is flock??

Caboose said:

Okay, since you mention it, might as well ask - You mention you used hardboard vs styrofoam. Thus the pros/cons between the 2 and all, based on your experience! Thanks.

And gather it was all one piece ?? ( Looks like 40" length wide by 24" across )

Okay, and lastly, what is flock??

The main reason I used hardboard this time is becasue I wanted to attach the card/war coundil holder I had made to it. Also, I had a spare peice of hardboard lying around...and not a spare piece of syyrofoam :) .

Hardboard is more durable and you can use spray paint and sealer on it. Styrofoam is ligher and easier to cut. I thinkthe hardboard feels more durable and manly...but time will tell :)

Yep, one piece, although my first board was 3 seperate peices. Very easy to transport, but I like the way this one looks better.

Flock is the fake grass stuff. You can get it in most model train stores. I mix my own from a couple differnt kinds and static grass I special order through a store from Germansy...but most people aren't that particular. ;)