New player questions

By Papipo, in CoC General Discussion

Hi,

I've asked several questions in the AGoT LCG boards , that can be asked here as well, since I'm planning to start playing CoC. If somebody could answer them for me, I would be very pleased, thanks in advance.

Are the old ccg cards compatible with the new lcg ones?

At this point, yes.

Will all the cards be playable in tournaments or are they going to rotate out as in Five rings or MTG's standard format?

I expect the black bordered cards to be made illegal for some tournament play, but this has not yet been announced.

Is the LCG a kind of reprint of the old ccg cards (I think so, since the border is the typical reprint white one)?

Not exactly, the white bordered cards in the asylum packs are all new cards. The cards in the new core set are all reprints, with a few mods.

In such case, are all the old ccg cards going to be reprinted?

Not a chance.

I'm usually a hardcore gamer, so I guess that I will need to buy 3 of each core set, and chapter packs in order to be able to build any kind of deck, right?

Exactly correct.

Chick

These should go in an FAQ somewhere. These were exactly my questions, and I'm sure they're going to be asked again and again in the next few months. The product page has suprisingly little information for people new to the game.

In the case of AGoT, the game became LCG with the release of the core set, but in CoC two (asylum = chapter?) packs were released previously, right? I guess that I should buy those as well :-)

Yes, At the Mountains of Madness and Ancient Horrors. Those are actually listed on the product page as being part of the LCG series.