Elite Advance Table

By Jkilla41, in Deathwatch House Rules

Has anyone done up an Eltie Advance Table for character advancement between the Dev, Aslt, and Tac Marines? It seems like those three would be better to throw into one big pot and mix and match, indicating a more experienced Marine that has gone through the normal progression of stations. The system they have in place is not bad by any means...if you were playing a general "following one chapter" type chronicle; but these are veteran marines seconded to the Deathwatch, I expect even Devestator Marines to have access to close quarters talents and vice versa for the other two.

Any help guys?

-J

Jkilla41 said:

Has anyone done up an Eltie Advance Table for character advancement between the Dev, Aslt, and Tac Marines? It seems like those three would be better to throw into one big pot and mix and match, indicating a more experienced Marine that has gone through the normal progression of stations. The system they have in place is not bad by any means...if you were playing a general "following one chapter" type chronicle; but these are veteran marines seconded to the Deathwatch, I expect even Devestator Marines to have access to close quarters talents and vice versa for the other two.

Any help guys?

-J

The Rites of Battle have some nice alternate advancements, most of them able to be achieved at rank 4. Remember that you can access deathwatch, codex, chapter and specialty advances as you level so the oppertunity to mix and match is there.

Jkilla41 said:

Any help guys?

-J

Jkilla41 said:

Any help guys?

-J

The Rites of Battle have some nice alternate advancements, most of them able to be achieved at rank 4. Remember that you can access deathwatch, codex, chapter and specialty advances as you level so the oppertunity to mix and match is there.

Appologize for the double post the school's internet did something wierd and reset or something.

Nimon said:

Appologize for the double post the school's internet did something wierd and reset or something.

Or you clould just blame FFG's awesome forum software like the rest of us :)

On topic- the general advancement table is where mix and match skills go. Specialty skills are divided up primarily, at least as far asI can tell, for advancement and balance purposes. Giving everyone access to all talents and abilities takes a lot of the specialization away, leaving really only the specialty special ability and standard loadout to differentiate them.

To me, if your dev wants TWW or other close combat skills, it has to make sense for that game and that character in which case I'd let him buy it as a real honest to goodness elite advance. But that's just my two cents.