Your custom painted mini's

By prettyscary, in Cadwallon: City of Thieves

Hey guys, I wanted to start a thread where people could show off the custom painted City of Thieves miniatures. If anyone has anyone to show off, that would be really cool to see what you guys have out there!

started painting yesterday... first pics will follow soon....

...er...tried to upload pics....doesn't seem to be working. Can anyone tell me how to do this properly?

Thanks!

january%202011%20022.jpg

january%202011%20023.jpg

january%202011%20024.jpg

january%202011%20025.jpg

There....figured it out. This is my first time trying out painting miniatures with NMM(non-metallic metal) technique. Still just figuring painting techniques out. I enjoyed painting this guy...love the sculpts on these Cadwallon characters. I'll slowly work through the others over time. Right now I'm working on a dice tower project for use with Talisman...keeps me busy! gui%C3%B1o.gif

Dude, thats really awesmoe! I'm trying to get some supplies to paint mine, I'll post them when I do though. Keep 'em coming!

What are you guys using to prep the models and are you doing anything to try and stiffen them up (so that the paint does not crack when the mini is being used in the game)? I was trying to work out if I should add an initial varnish coat over the unpainted model, then paint, then varnish again?

Sorry, double post

Nothing special to prime the mini other than a quick spray. I'd never used spray primer before when I did this one, so it got kinda thick and caky. Less seems to be more when priming. If you look under the Talisman forum and check out the Toad King thread, you'll see what my second attempt looks like: somewhat better. Just a light coat of primer seems best. I sealed the mini with spray sealant, though I tried a brush-on sealant with the Toad King....I haven't found either one to be better, though with the spray sealant, again, less is more. Do a couple of thin coats; otherwise what can happen is that the wet sealant actually makes your paint liquid again and if you touch it too soon it will come off on your hand. This happened with a Descent mini I painted; most distressing.