Shotgun blast x 3
Small Price to Pay x 3

Support (15)
Open for Inspection x 3
Scientific Text x 3
Sleeping pills x 3
Springfield M1903 x 3
Sledgehammer x 3

I've been working on trying to build a Miskatonic University deck that can actually manage to cash in on the investigator rush theme that the faction is supposed to have, and this is what I ended up coming up with. Just about every character in the deck has the investigator subtype except for Dr. Carson who is a one cost character anyway. Anthropology advisor is a great way to get your investigators out for as little as possible as well as arm them with extra Investigating icons. The deck runs at 58 cards and I'm not sure if there is anything else worth cutting, as I feel most of the cards provide good tech (perhaps the Sledgehammer, but then I feel urged to throw in another attachment card, perhaps machete). Thoughts and CC are very appreciated.

I've been working on a Misatonic/Agency for a while too, in fact it was the first deck I built. It really got weaker with the new rules (no dogs or interrogation) but here's how it ended up:

Characters

Miskatonic:

3 x Anthropology Advisor

3 x Chess Player

3 x Obsessive Insomniac

2 x Student Archaelogist

2 x Visiting Author

3 x Lab Assitant

3 x Focused Art Student

2 x Dr. Carson

Agency:

3 x Government Exorcist

3 x Museum Security

2 x Undercover Security

2 x Marshall Greene

Neutral:

2 x Descendant of Eibon

2 x Diseased Sewer Rats

Events

Miskatonic:

2 x Changing the Names

Angency:

3 x Shotgun Blast

3 x Torch the Joint!

3 x Small Price to Pay

2 x Flanking Maneuver

2 x Short Fuse

The basic idea is to use the Agency event cards to shut slow down your opponent in terms of resource development and characters while your investigators get in there. The investigators have a lot of card draw, so your hand should be full of shotgun blasts and small price to pay.

I think dropping the 3 flanking maneuver for 3 small price to pay is probably a much better idea as it goes along with the deck much better since you can use cards like Mad genius to get advancement on story during a recovery.

How would a pure Miskatonic investigator rush deck look?

I don't think there are enough investigators to really make it work. I've noticed there are some insane interactions with using Mad genius over and over again to put 2 or even 3 tokens on a story without even needing to engage in struggles.

Also without Agency you lack the access to combat that agency brings to the table in such bounty, also willpower is nice as well. Every character in my list is an investigator besides Dr. Carson (for obvious reasons).

MarthWMaster said:

How would a pure Miskatonic investigator rush deck look?

www.cardgamedb.com/forums/index.php

Pure nerds run just fine. It's not as good as a two faction deck for the obvious reasons of broader capabilities, but it's a decent casual deck.