Glad for the new format- Can't wait to play

By SuperKalelJorson7, in CoC General Discussion

I've read a bunch of posts of people complaining about the new format and core set, but I disagree. I'm not a long time player, in fact, I never could find a partner even though I bought a few starter decks and about a dozen boosters. I'm hoping with this start-over set that it will bring in a bunch of new players. My local FLGSs said that quite a few people are awaiting the core set, and one is planning on hosting tournaments. As it is, I've seen the Asylum packs displayed on the shelf, instead of collecting dust in the storage room, which gives me a little hope.

I've played CCGs before and the fixed card format doesn't bother me. Neither does the 3 card rule. I could never keep up with Magic or Heroclix and I'm hoping the LCG format will make things a tad cheaper.

I think it's great that FFG is producing a nice boardgame/card game combo that will hopefully appeal to more people. I'm sure this decision was based on poor sales of the CCG and FFG liked the game enough to want to try something new instead of discontinuing it altogether.

A nice side benefit to this card game is that it has produced the best Lovecraftian art I've ever seen. Which is why FFG mooches it for Arkham Horror.

Good luck to FFG on the new game, and thanks for not giving up.

I'm also looking forward to it. I've got way more money sitting around in Magic and L5R cards than I'd ever want to admit, and I could never keep up. With this format, I can budget my money each month and I doubt I'll ever get sucked back into Magic.

Many complaints are not on the new format, but on the percieved inability of the development team to produce a game which gets more complex than an advanced Munchkin Cthulhu.

This said the Core Set is a not so interesting buy for the price if you have a sizable collection of older cards and, at the same time, a compulsory -there are caveat- buy to play the game.

I understand that if you have a heavy monetary investment in the older cards and supported the game you would be upset.

I think (hope) the asylum packs will eventually give the experienced players enough variety. As it is now, their seems to be plenty in place for the beginners.

It is nice knowing that if "THE" card is released, I can get a copy of it for $10, and I won't have to say the "booster pack prayer" and pay a lot more to get it.

Well it's important to view the Core Set as exactly that. Magic puts out a Core Set every 2 years and yet people still buy it. To be fair however, it does effect the standard metagame and usually has some pretty new art. :) I too am hoping to enjoy the relaunch, and am eagar to see hoe the new cards look.

The new format in theory is great: no money problems, everyone is on the same line and so on. For strictly competitive players the complexity level may be a problem, but I still see some good in the game's future for a pretty big player group. For those who like casual playing with their friends will love CoC LCG. The theme is fun and the art is neat and the game mechanics are okay.

However I'm not saying that I'd prefer the new game state. If and when the rotation hits, a group of veterans will have to decide what they want to do.

im looking forward to the new format. i dont mind the change at all. i cant wait until there are enough (good) cards to make an all white border deck. and since the coreset has some important reprints maybe ill be able to do this after just a few chapter packs.

well i think a rotation will be needed eventually cause the card pool will just get too big and more likely to see broken combos and stuff. but i hope they keep reprinting cards as well as making new stuff, and no rotation before atleast two chapter series. having a small card pool makes things old quick. so dont rotate out arkham block until we get 200-300 cards to replace that.