2 homebrew terrain types- Mountain and Village

By AegisGrimm, in Battlelore

I got inspired yesterday and made up a couple of new terrain types for homebrew games of Battlelore. They're simply Memoir '44 terrain tiles that I got images of from the Boardgamegeek site. I cut and resized them, hopefully they will print out the right size. (If not, ask and I'll post what I sized them to.)

If anyone has an idea for other special rules, I'd be glad to hear them.

Village:

• A Village boosts the morale of any unit that occupies it to Bold .
  • A unit entering a village must stop and may move no further on that turn. Follow-on moves are subject to the same movement restriction, and thus may be impossible, or only partially achievable, during this turn.
  • Combat restrictions: A unit entering a Village may not battle on the same turn. Battles into or out of a village are subject to a maximum of 2 dice.
  • A village blocks line of sight.

Link: http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s274/Aegisgrimm/BLvillages.jpg

Mountains:

• Mountains block any movement into their hex.
  • Mountains block line of sight.

Link: http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s274/Aegisgrimm/BLmountain.jpg

Hows about this for a slight tweak for the Village:

Makes occupying unit Bold
Ends movement
Blocks LOS

Now the changes

Attacks into the village are capped to two dice, battle backs to three reflecting the difficulty in winkling out defenders of buildings and makes it behave differently to other terrain.

Mountains, I'm having a think on them.

Chris

Right had my thoughts for the mountain tile

Blocks LOS
Ends movement (but unit can move on normally next round)

Odd ball ideas,
An Infantry unit may elect to climb a mountain using a rounds movement (they are now ON the mountain)*
Unit ON a mountain gain +1 Bold
Unit ON the mountain may battle as normal, targets of attacks may battle back as normal
Any unit wishing to melee attack an unit ON the mountain must first spend a round in a hex next to the mountain
Range and Lore attacks happen as normal though with a -1 dice modifier
A unit may move Off a mountain without spending a round (ie it can move as though the mountain was a hill when leaving)

Mountain is not affected by HILLS rumble Lore card (its a mountain not a Hill) - This is a left field idea

Horses can not climb mountains.

Chris