Looking for Players in the Dallas, TX Metroplex

By craighouston, in Warhammer Invasion Community

Hey there... a good friend and I have recently heavily invested in Warhammer Invasion. This is clearly an exceptional game on the level of MTG without the need to over invest. We are looking for any other players in the Dallas area... I'd even be interested in getting a tournament scene going.

All you Dallas area players, come out of the wood work and lets get some competition going!

I'm just about to get the core set and wouldn't mind getting together with a group occasionally. Once I learn it, I've thought about possibly getting an occasional game going at Madness Comics in Plano. They've got tables and open gaming on Saturday afternoons, though I don't know how crowded it gets.

What locations and times are you thinking?

I know where Madness is... I am certainly open to meeting up there to play/teach the game. The game is much deeper than it first appears... I encourage you not to judge it based on the way the rules suggest you learn the game.

The real beauty comes from the richness and depth each expansion brings to the format. The custom deck building becomes richer and richer as you add expansions. The great thing, compared to Magic the Gathering, is your investment is capped out because you get the max number of copies of each card in the expansions in one pack (so you don't have to keep buying and getting cards you don't need in order to get the ones you do need - if your lucky).

A friend of mine and I play on Wednesday nights in the Lakehighlands area of Dallas as well.

You can reach me at [email protected].

I live on the east of Dallas and heard a great review for Invasion on a Podcast. I am a WHFB player but I also enjoy boardgames/card games. Are you still looking for players?

Have you tried Chaos in the Old World as well?

Thanks,

Mark Taylor

I GM Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay and have been eyeballing the card game recently just because I enjoy the Warhammer setting so much. Are you guys still getting together? I'd be open to playing during the week after work.

I just ordered the gameshould have it next week. Where do you live/work. I am in Garland, East Dallas, Plano area.

I live in Aledo, but I would be willing to occasionally drive to Dallas to play. Just name a place and time. I have the one of everything that has been released so far for WH: I, but none of my friends are interested yet. Only actually played once. Let me know.

Thanks

Sorry to perform a little bit of thread necromancy, but I just got into invasion. Looking for players in the DFW area.

I got into the game a few months ago as well and I'm in the North Dallas area. I go to Madness Comics and Games almost weekly, so if you'd like to play, send me a message.

I have the core set and few of the deluxe expansions (none of the battle packs). I've played with a few friends before by essentially doing a random deck from the cards at hand and that has always been plenty of fun for me. I have the Cataclysm expansion and the 4 player variant is tons of fun.