Looking to start

By GT_Entropy, in Anima: Tactics

Hey guys, me and a friend are looking to get started in a skirmish minis game and we like the look and rules for Anima, but we have 2 questions:

1) Is the game still active, we're having a lot of trouble finding recent information

and

2) It seems that, especially will small scale (2-3 minis), the game would not have much replay value, is that true?

Thanks a lot for any help you can send our way.

Hey

1: Yes Anima Tactics is still very much active, now more than ever in my region. Most of the forum talk for Anima occurs over @ www.cipher-studios.com/AnimaBB/ the Cipher website and facebook page show mini's that are coming soon spoiler wise.

2: Anima has a high replay factor due to it being a Skirmish game. A game of 3 mini's is the smallest sized game possible and is more of a stepping stone to a bigger more complex 300 level (approx. 8 figures( battle which is far more complex with a decent amount of tactical skill involved in winning. Most of the players I knowcollect at least two teams and some a lot more which further increases the replayaility as their group changes with each battle. The game is less expensive than others and with the rather loos organisation rules for what can work in a team its possible to pick up spare figures without spending a fortune to by an entirely new army

- Raith

a friend of mine is getting me started on this game but i have horrable memory about cost and bonuses is there a cheat sheet with most of the action cost and bonuses for said action around?

There is a basic cheat card included in the Starter sets but the best reference is in the last few pages of the main rules. There is a summary page.

- Raith

I've only got one faction to start with (Samael) playing against Church and Empire and every game has been fun and different. I think there's plenty of replay value. It's a fun, beautiful, simple game to play.