Raven Wing Assault marine

By Umbranus, in Deathwatch House Rules

As the Ravenwing is always using Bikes, Trikes or Landspeeders I am thinking if it would be possible to play an Raven Wing Assault Marine who has a bike in stead of the jetpack whenever the mission allowes.

What do you think about that?

Sounds interesting, I am not familar with the Raven Wing, has someone done a workup on them? I guess you could be the scout of the party and use the bike to drive ahead, it would probably be more trouble then worth in long run compaired to a jump-pack.

Umbranus said:

As the Ravenwing is always using Bikes, Trikes or Landspeeders I am thinking if it would be possible to play an Raven Wing Assault Marine who has a bike in stead of the jetpack whenever the mission allowes.

What do you think about that?

Personally, I've no issue with a Dark Angels character being from the Ravenwing - pick up Talented (Drive [Ground Vehicle]) from the Dark Angels advances and you're on your way there, and the only thing left to note is the difference in heraldry (black pauldron emblazoned the Ravenwing icon in white, in place of the Dark Green pauldron with the Dark Angels emblem). I might also be inclined to write up a replacement special ability to replace the Jump Pack related ones for such a character.

However, the Marine is now a member of the Deathwatch, and consequently not a member of the Ravenwing (though he'll probably return to them at some point), so availability of vehicles is subject to the mission's conditions - you can't fit a bike in a pod, for example, so the bike wouldn't be standard issue (of course, if vehicles have Requisition costs in Rites of Battle, you might be able to get one with Signature Wargear)

Personally, in a situation where one of the Marines is employing a bike, I'd probably be giving the whole group vehicles - I've pondered the idea of a mission where bikes are issued as standard to the entire kill-team, with the Dark Angels Apothecary driving an attack bike with the Dark Angels Devastator in the gunner's seat.

N0-1_H3r3 said:

I might also be inclined to write up a replacement special ability to replace the Jump Pack related ones for such a character.

I would probably go with the Void Masters piloting special ability form RT. Just apply it to the bike or other vehicle of choice, instead of the Jump Pack

I think wrathful descent is very fitting while riding a Space marine bike.

Are there stats for this bike out there? I have seen models with it but never seen a write up, maybe in the Rites of Battle?

RT Into the Storm has stats for combat bikes, and ork war bikes. I would think they would be included in RoB.