You Put a Spell on Me >> Hedge Magic & Witchcraft in The Witch's Song

By FFG DanielC, in WFRP Archived Announcements

More information about the forthcoming standalone adventure supplement, The Witch's Song, is now available! You can read about the inclusion of Hedge Magic here .

The Witch's Song product announcement and first designer diary are available here .

Enjoy the game!

I wasn't originally planning on getting this set because I didn't really need another adventure set. Oh well And with the hedgewizard rules.... another box gets added to the pile.

I preordered it too.

But I'm so curious. How do you think hedge magic works excactly and what is the (exact) difference between Dark Magic and Hedge Magic.

Is Hedge Magic mor harmless?

My opinion, hedge magic is more of a primitive, self taught sorta magic. It might be used by witches (the 'Season of the Witch' sort), but I also see it used by the untouched civilisation that has a village wiseman. Dark Magic is gifted by the Chaos Gods.

As for this product, is it a Gathering Storm/Edge of Night campaign with some rules, or is it a rule book with a small adventure (ala Signs of Faith/Winds of Magic)?

Sausageman said:

My opinion, hedge magic is more of a primitive, self taught sorta magic. It might be used by witches (the 'Season of the Witch' sort), but I also see it used by the untouched civilisation that has a village wiseman. Dark Magic is gifted by the Chaos Gods.

As for this product, is it a Gathering Storm/Edge of Night campaign with some rules, or is it a rule book with a small adventure (ala Signs of Faith/Winds of Magic)?

I sounds like it's an adventure with a rule section for hedge magic and two career cards witch and warlock and some hedge spells. I'm interested if erveryone can learn (with GMs permission) learn hedge magic or if it is restricted to whitches and warlocks and if this makes Hedge Wizards career unnecessary. Just made a career card for it.

Lautrer said:

Sausageman said:

I'm interested if erveryone can learn (with GMs permission) learn hedge magic or if it is restricted to whitches and warlocks and if this makes Hedge Wizards career unnecessary. Just made a career card for it.

This sort of looks like the answer to your question (from "You Put a Spell on Me" in the news section):

"The Witch and Warlock careers present a host of new options for players craving to dabble in the black arts. Can you wield the winds of magic and stave off corruption? Will you evade the Witch Hunters and grow in power?"

So the two new careers are also for Players.

I like this format very much. Buying a well written adventure and getting an expansion for my game system. Gathering Storm and Edge of Night were great to play and had a little stuff in it to expand the game. Hope with this i will have the same fun.

zwobot said:

I like this format very much. Buying a well written adventure and getting an expansion for my game system. Gathering Storm and Edge of Night were great to play and had a little stuff in it to expand the game. Hope with this i will have the same fun.

I happen to totally agree with you on this one. FFG have been really good with providing extra incentives to buy the Adventures, and I agree that the adventures are well written. There are some organizational issues, but I've come to expect that with FFG's WHFRP and its nothing a little ingenuity can't fix. I am very excited to see magick make its way out of the confines of the Schools and into the hands of more "regular" folk. I hope that this adventure perks the interest of some of my new players, so that they are interested in trying out the new careers offered here.