Eginerreing building two flags one at a time?

By Muk2, in Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game

Enemy flag is in my outskirts and I have enginnering.

Can I build two flags and drop them on the enemy? Or do I build one, put him on the enemy, have a fight, than put the other?

I know I can build both in the outskirts than simply move them, but I don't want to risk a "Stop Movememant" action being played on me.

1 action, 2 items at the same time. So, build both armies and place them both on the enemy army. You will start with 5 units to attack with. I do not know what government you have, so I don't know if you can have the 6th unit.

5 or 6 is no issue, as I know the rules, but I can't find anythining in the rules that will support either version, so I asked if I've omitted some rules or what,

muk said:

5 or 6 is no issue, as I know the rules, but I can't find anythining in the rules that will support either version, so I asked if I've omitted some rules or what,

No you have not. The reason is that once you build a unit, you can place it in any outskirt square even the blockaded one. Enginerring is a city action, so the building in one city would be the exact same moment. The only thing that you have to make sure of is that you have enough production to build both units even w/ the blockade on the one item you lost. So, the 2 armies count as a total of 8 production if I'm correct on the amount. The result is that battle immediatelly takes place once your 2 armies touch the enemy army.

One thing you don't want to forget, is that if the blockade was by a loan enemy scout and you attacked the scout. You win without the battle taking place, but you still are able to obtain trade, culture, or a resource from the person who lost their scout. This action can be debated depending on you house rules or what others state the action really is here.

A reason is that if you were not able to attack, then they would steal, and fee once you built the units if the person moves before you do. Always ally w/ the person to your right if playing in a clockwise direction.