Runebound extension for Strange Eons - Work In Progress...

By talismanisland, in Runebound

PERFECT! It was less than I thought maybe cause I'm to used to looking at things from a 300 to 600 dpi lens.

As to 0 cost... hmmm.... I don't know. I'm not sure I even remember if there are any 1G items in the game as a whole, but that 0 isn't hurting anything. And you know someone's going to come up with something, now that it's there.

Last post for today, with news that I have added an option to create Quest cards like those featured in the booklet from the Realms of Terrinoth Event this year.

se_quest_example.jpg

Next I am thinking about Legendary Quests and Legendary Rewards... probably...

Where can I pick up more info about these Quest cards? From the example, they seem like the system used in Talisman.

They are from a booklet produced for this year's Realms of Terrinoth event at the FFG Event Centre.

You can see a scan of them over at BGG - Overview and Cards .

...and yes, they are like simple Warlock Quests.

se_legendary_quest_ally.jpg

Well, that's that for the weekend and as you can see the next test version of the tool will include Legendary Quest cards, as seen in Sands of Al-Kalim.

I am pondering what to add next, and it is likely a toss up between Scion cards and the Character decks... probably...

talismanisland said:

They are from a booklet produced for this year's Realms of Terrinoth event at the FFG Event Centre.

Ah yes, I remember these now. Too much like Talisman for my RB crew.

talismanisland said:

I am pondering what to add next, and it is likely a toss up between Scion cards and the Character decks... probably...

Scion... is that something from Midnight or one of the other big boxes? The Legendary Quests look good, and definitely one template that would be put to some use by me and mine. What about clue cards... or tokens is it? The ones that are in Frozen Wastes (which I don't have)... and maybe they aren't really needed for custom / homemade stuff. [Just something that popped into my head recently about some artifacts that might be good for a hidden treasure variant.]

Scions are from the small box Seven Scions expansion and as you say not really a custom target.

What I think I might do is polish up what I have a leave it as a release candidate of sorts. I can then concentrate on some other things and look to add support for other cards as I go, or more importantly as I am asked.

Tokens should be easy enough to sort, and the Princess Clue cards I can do reasonably soon, but for now I think I will put up what I have done for now.

Okay, sounds like a lot is down already... an amazing amount, actually. I'll look forward to peeking at the coming RC.

So, has anyone else had a look at the plugin? Any requests, thoughts, wishes, problems?

Is the RC ready to go for download?

No RC for a while due to reasons I will explain later. No laptop to work on currently.

I'm still looking for comments etc from folks who have tried out the plug-in whilst I am getting sorted with another machine.

The more [input] the merrier!

I think this forum's now a dead zone. You might consider starting up over at BGG/RB. At least there are actual conversations ongoing over there and someone might take notice.

PS. I haven't have time to do more than peek at it, as I've been overloaded with work... and I do lean on PS for my own stuff. I'll try to take a deeper look today if I can.

as far as I can see, it's good work.

however, I'm a new Runebound fan, so I'm still far from being in the need of self-expanding the game, and didn't actually used the tool extensively...

I've had problems in the installation, as a file is needed which is pretty hard to locate on the Strange Eons website. maybe you could directly include it, or provide the address to retrieve it..