New to Dust Tactics - Help with a couple of issues

By Sarge1019, in Dust Tactics

Hi all,

I just received my copy of Dust Tactics. I pulled out the Quick Start rules and set the game up to run a solo game, just to understand the rules and mechanics. First, I loved the game. It's a fun and easy game to learn. The figures are great - they kind of remind of the toy army men that I played with as a kid, but only better. I loved the comic that came with - I subscribed to the title at my local comic shop. But I'm having a problem with the board tiles and I'd like to see if anyone else is experiencing similar issues and what could be done if anything to rectify it.

I put the board tiles out on my dining room table, but after a few minutes, all of the tiles bowed up. It really put a damper on things. I flipped them over and they began to flatten out...only to bow up again. Anyone having this issue? How can I fix it without ruining the board. Does this eventually go away on it's own with continued play?

Also, I noticed in the rulebook, that there was some kind of wall terrain placed on the board. Are those pieces produced by dust tactics or did someone make that stuff?

This is an issue I have had too. They will correct themselves after a short time. Mine just needed to get used to the humidity and altitude. It should not be a problem. Just place them down on a carpeted area and put a few heavy books on them for a day or 2.

Sarge1019 said:

Also, I noticed in the rulebook, that there was some kind of wall terrain placed on the board. Are those pieces produced by dust tactics or did someone make that stuff?

These were made by the studio. I am sure after a while some company will produce something along the way of these if they are not released by FFG themselves. I would also keep my eye on www.dust-models.com for maybe some terrain pieces.

reptilebro1 said:

These were made by the studio. I am sure after a while some company will produce something along the way of these if they are not released by FFG themselves. I would also keep my eye on www.dust-models.com for maybe some terrain pieces.

There are some great 3D paper versions of these at Board Game Geek [files.boardgamegeek.com/file/download/6xomw8189s/DT_bunker_walls.pdf?]

You may need to sign up for an account, but these are awesome!

Bunkers are cardstock!

Didn't see these on there. Thanks for sharing!

No Problem! They are rather awesome huh?

Sarge1019 said:

I put the board tiles out on my dining room table, but after a few minutes, all of the tiles bowed up. It really put a damper on things. I flipped them over and they began to flatten out...only to bow up again. Anyone having this issue? How can I fix it without ruining the board. Does this eventually go away on it's own with continued play?

Yes, the tile warping seems to be fairly common, sadly.

I put a big piece of Lexan over the tiles during play. This works great! Not only does it takes care of the warping issue, it also:

(1) Prevents the tiles from sliding out of place

(2) Provides protection in the event someone (God forbid) spills a drink or something

(3) Gives you a nice smooth surface for sliding the minis around on, which makes moving them much easier.