Invasion... 40k?

By â—�Kefkaâ—�, in Warhammer Invasion Off Topic

Hey all, a friend of mine threw around the idea of doing the 40k version of W:I in our spare time, and I figured some of you guys would be interested in checking out what we came up with.

He's all about the Eldar, and I really wanted to do the Witch Hunters, so I did a template, and here's what I've got so far.

All of the art is shamelessly ripped from the internet.

i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/PIGNRave/40k

Insanely cool, Kefka. :)

Impressive job, those look amazing!

I liked the old 40K card game, at one time I owned all but one card. Some silly titan card I could never track down. That was the first edition of the game. I never played the HH release. I hope FFG releases a LCG for 40K that would be awesome. Better yet if it has a way to play solo like the new Lord of the Rings game.

sounds like a great game , i'd be tempted .

Durgum said:

I liked the old 40K card game, at one time I owned all but one card. Some silly titan card I could never track down. That was the first edition of the game. I never played the HH release. I hope FFG releases a LCG for 40K that would be awesome. Better yet if it has a way to play solo like the new Lord of the Rings game.

[/quote

I remember having the silly titan card and sold it on ebay. It had something like 16 attack but couldn't attack. I'm dying to see a 40k lcg. I've taken to imagine what chaos cards they could come up with and dream up their abilities and stuff. Silly really, but what else am I going to do? I would love to see a solo play concept, the problem is: who would the opposing side be? There are several factions to 40k and all have their followers. You risk turning off a percentage of your players by using their chosen side as an opponent.

Gorgeous! I like it! :)

Wow !!

You 've done an incredible job with photoshop.

I really like it !

Thanks very much you guys. happy.gif

What's up with photobucket these days? I can barely see the images.

What are you guys using for image hosting nowadays?

google's picasa

picasaweb.google.com

An official game perhaps, FFG? corazon.gif

Alex

I think it shouldn't be co-op like LotR,but with more game modes: Take and Hold, Defeat opponent, objectives, ...

Your work is awesome, but I think the whole game shouldn't be a copy of Invasion, but new keywords, new stat, and a battlefield with different zones where you can travel...just to have the feel of fighting in differents ground!

no exactly same rules wit new keywords ever wondered who would win dwarfs verus tyranid, fantasy imperium vs 40k imperium as long asstat powers r the same it would be cool

That would be awesome War Fantasy vs War 40k. that would be epic.

That's so awesome. I'd looove to play WH40K: I !!!=)

Durgum said:

I still play the old 40k card game once in a while, never tried Horus Heresy or Dark Millenium, but I would certainly try out a 40k LCG if it came out.

I will definitely play Warhammer 40k if FFG release it, just started with Warhammer Invasion and really love it gran_risa.gif

I can see how the game could work like W:I:

The kingdom could be represented by the headquarters of each army on the planet, as well as the fleet orbiting the planet.

The quest zone by a battle orders area where orders are issued to squads who gain bonuses based on completing objectives (like say assassinate an hq unit or destroy three vehicles).

The battlefield could be represented by basically the rest of the planet the armies are fighting over, with maybe different terrains that effect which troops can fight (land, air, heavy, light infanty...etc, ).

As well as a fourth zone could be added representing space where ships could fight for orbital dominance and maybe certain ships that can take potshots at the rest of the zones (with surface to orbit weapons systems to fire back).

one of my ideas could be instead of fighting just over the zones; the battlefield could have special cards that determine what types of units can fight in it, because in W40k you don't fight over just one battlefield: you fight for the entire planet! examples of such could be: forest zones, cityscape, mountain regions, snowscape, grasslands...etc

On the solo area I think it is possible: you could run it like the LOTR LCG where you fight a deck based on battle orders; using the one of the other decks you would get in the core set it is possible to fight another army if there were cards that dictated what is played into the ai zones, maybe instead of the draft cards like from the core set, you could get a solo deck that is drawn once a turn which says what is done by the enemy ai like in the gears of war game.

That is all the ideas I have for now, but if anybody wants (FFG! ;P ) I could try to draft up a basic rules set and maybe an example game.

Just in case FFG monitors these posts for levels of interest in a possible 40k LCG, I add my whole hearted support for this to happen.

Make it happen FFG, Once Star Wars LCG has been released, get your creative team working on a 40k version of LCG :)

Would be a nice idea fora 40k version. Like your cards a lot ,very nice graphics :) just wish they were not the sisters of battle.

I second or 20th it the way it looks alt rules for zones but same gamplay WH40K im in!