Incense tech helping Culture advancement without trade?

By Darkmot, in Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game

I'm registering just to ask this. From latest article, in victory strategy relationship matrix, it said that Technology strategy helping culture with Incense tech helping culture advancement without spending trade. How could this possible? Is there any rule that I miss?

Thanks

It explains that a technology such as Chivalry will give you 3 extra culture tokens by spending 1 incense resource. Of course this can only be done once per turn. So, instead of advancing though technology, other then to improve your defense, or to improve production. You can win before anyone reaches Tech V (Space Flight). There are other technologies that give you additional culture as well, but I cannot recall off the top of my head.

Remember there's 36 total technologies for each civilization. You need to research the technology that best improves your culture. Also, you don't have to ONLY have 5 Level 1 Techs to build the tech pyramid, you can have more, but you will be behind on other technologies.

I hope that answers your question.

My mistake, Currency allows 3 culture tokens to be purchased, while Chivalry allows the purchase of 5 culture tokens with the use of incense. If you have 2 Incense, then you can purchase 8 culture, allowing a faster growth of culture for your civilization.

Yes, I know the 3 trinity of culture tech (Currency, Feudalism, and Metal Casting). What I don't understand is the meaning of this statement: " Advancing culture track without spending trade ". What does it mean? Advancing age I track doesn't need trade to begin with, and advancing age II and III track will always need trade. Is there any tech to discount this that I'm not aware of?

Also, getting culture (by devoting to arts) doesn't require trade. So what could the technology do with " without spending trade " claim?

So, no one can answer?

Sigh, here I thought I was missing something important.

Nope. I think it's more an issue with the article.