Autobiograpical Investigators?

By rayawolf13, in Fan Creations

Yo- here are some investigators based off of me (Richard) and my brothers and friends that I play with. Lemme know what you think! Concerning power of abilities, etc.

s1086.photobucket.com/albums/j447/richardraya11/

Also, just what are your thoughts on putting yourselves into games, etc.

Also, does anyone know how to publish pics straight to these forums? I can only do links, but those are tiresome

I can't comment on how well you captured yourselves as I do not know you guys but I can make a few comments on some of the powers.

Eugenio: Both his powers are pretty good but together may be on the powerful side. His Critique ability basically makes him a clue factory, give him a tome and set him up to fail the roll and you get a clue each turn likely with enough move left to collect more. This itself is a powerful ability but you've paired it up with an auto heal ability.

Richard: His analytical power may want to read "After being knocked unconscious" As it currently is it could be interpreted that he gets the clue before discarding down to half.

Our local game group was having fun on a thread on BGG a while back and we made up some characters for ourselves (or for each other). Mostly not serious, and a lot of inside jokes that wouldn't necessarily make any sense to anyone but ourselves, but anyway... Here's a link to the thread .

I put myself into games all the time. ^_^ I won't ever release them online (they'd be full of things only funny if you know us), but now that I know about this custom content stuff, you can bet that my friends and I will show up as characters (along with perhaps their Call of Cthulhu rpg characters...though those could come out online, except that frankly two of them are almost already covered by the standard group: a magician and a jazz musician) in the game.

True- I do wanna give Eugenio a healing ability, so that'll probly stay in. But I don't wanna overpower anyone. Oviously, making characters takes a lotta effort. Also, you don't think Chase's abilities are too good?

I like the flavor of Trivia, but the ability to just use Lore instead of luck (who ever rolls Luck more than once in a turn?) makes the slider superfluous and is, IMO, indeed broken. Maybe change it to "Once per turn, may spend 1 clue token in order to roll Lore in place of any other skill check" or something? Still very powerful, but with a cost that makes sense. His other ability is good, but mostly just fun and encourages players to move together more. I don't get quite understand how 2 people can both use dynamite against separate monsters, however, so I'd personally omit that rule. The sharing ability could instead allow him to give things not normally tradeable (like clue tokens) or even receive bad things from other players (corruption cards, madenesses, etc..) if you wanted something like that.

rayawolf13 said:

True- I do wanna give Eugenio a healing ability, so that'll probly stay in. But I don't wanna overpower anyone. Oviously, making characters takes a lotta effort. Also, you don't think Chase's abilities are too good?

They aren't too bad, you may want to make his sharing ability with investigators in the same neighborhood only.