How do YOU play this as a 2 player game?

By Hellfury, in Cadwallon: City of Thieves

We have been having a lot of fun with this game, but since my main gaming opponent consists of my GF, I was curious as to how others have been playing this in a 2 player format.

We have tried both using a single gang per person and two gangs per person. I am not sure which one we like best.

When we each take control of two gangs, we have been alternating gangs each turn. One of hers goes, then one of mine goes then her remaining gang goes then my remaining gang goes. All in the same order every turn.

So how do YOU get the most from this game using only two players?

I had a two player game last night at a gaming club i go to, it was just as much fun.

We opted for just one guild of thieves each but i guess you could take control of 2.

It plays in the same way i guess just abit easier to collect treasure as there are not as much competition. However saying that, with only one enemy they will be focusing on you alone, so there was still plenty of attacks and the overall score was very close.

Just as enjoyable with 2 players.

Great game :)

And still tons of fun eh Niv?!!

Thanks for slamming my chick into a corner continuously, she had no chance of a Swayze style rescue!

Yeah two players is fun, perhaps even a bit more emphasis on movement as it would seem with an additional two gangs it will become quite packed and the 'pushing' back would become more dictated to empty spaces to move them to.

Still plenty of what I call 'whacking' seeing that no one gets hurt as such. Beat me by 4 ducats which at one point looked as if it was going to be considerably more!

I agree. This is game is unique in all the games I've ever played in that it's just as good with 2, 3, or 4 players. We play it the most and I think it's precisely because there are at least ten characters on the board during a two-player. The emphasis is different, but the different strategies are just as involved in their own way. Three is perfect for a dance between every element of the game, but there isn't as intense a chess sense, and not as much of a chance to hold in mind the special traits of each of your opponent gang's special abilities and position your characters accordingly. Four is such a slug fest that there's more robbery than treasure, and the strategies reflect that. Love this game.