Modding dust bots.

By babalbin, in Dust Tactics

I noticed that the legs on the tanks could probably be articulated into different configurations. Has anyone an idea of how to disassemble the models so I can get kraking on modding these bad boys? I am thinking of doing a Simple Green cleaner dip, but would rather not take a chance melting a model. Does anyone have experience with these plastics and solvents?

Thanks,

Andrew

I believe the Dust Tactics Master Modeling news segments talks about changing the pose of the Bots.

-Jeff

"Simple Green" and "Totally Awesome" are great paint strippers that will not melt or damage the plastics. I highly recommend both.

since these are plastic not resin use brake fluid already tried and it wont melt if u dont leave them over night in it

arkangl said:

since these are plastic not resin use brake fluid already tried and it wont melt if u dont leave them over night in it

Brake fluid? Like the kind I can get from the automotive parts shop around the corner?

Yea automotive brake fluid I use it on my 40k models when I buy some pre painted ones on ebay or something. Just get a generic brake nothing expensive. Pour it in a cup and the model in. Let it sit for about 20-30min and take a tooth brush and scrub the paint off and loosens glue too. You can try acetone on the models if you want to get the glue off just dont use too much and once youre done let it fully dry and harden back up bc it will go soft of you. It should do it quicker being hard plastic rather than rubber. Again never do on casted resin models either of these techniques your model will be destroyed. You can also go to a local hobby store and there is actual glue releaser, if they do not have it they should be able to order it.

I think I payed like $3 for a cheap bottle of brake fluid, $5-$7 for acetone, and the glue releaser is like $5-8. But its how much you are willing to work on it. Brake fluid is cheap by just loosens, Acetone will removes but possibility of damaging models and a little more than brake fluid and The glue releaser will remove the glue but kinda expensive for how much u get.

Thanks Arkangl! i am going to stop by my local Choo Choo shop and pick up some glue release... who knew!?

Cheers,

Babs