Organize play : Have you seen AGoT Storyline League ??

By PRODIGEE, in CoC General Discussion

Scourching the site, I did read the whole article about Storyline's League from AGoT.

And I felt like it was amazing. Players are allowed to change the future of their game. It's really sweet.

What would you think about such a change for the developpement of Cthulhu LCG ??*

I would say that I would propose changes on Hastur's and Agency's decks, like the cards from those factions are really underpowered against Big Cthu or Synd. Shubb and Yog did get some new stuffs with the AP, but Hastur needs more love ...

I have not seen the AGoT league that you mention. I agree though that anything where players can help direct the future of the game has got to be a good idea.

PRODIGEE said:

Scourching the site, I did read the whole article about Storyline's League from AGoT.

And I felt like it was amazing. Players are allowed to change the future of their game. It's really sweet.

What would you think about such a change for the developpement of Cthulhu LCG ??*

I would say that I would propose changes on Hastur's and Agency's decks, like the cards from those factions are really underpowered against Big Cthu or Synd. Shubb and Yog did get some new stuffs with the AP, but Hastur needs more love ...

I'm in Agot more than CoC right now and I can say you something about it (my personal opinions, nothing more).

1- The Campaigns stuff it's ok, because you're allowed, even if by playin' a very restricted format, to choose some reprints or new mechanics.

The thing would be VERY good if the development is quick. But if we think about the FFG behaviour about releases, keep in mind that the results of, i.e., this year's league, will hit the game one or two year later.

2- The FOURTH CAMPAIGN stuff (a powerful plot for the strongest faction, voted upon all wolrds leaguess) is something weird. There's no need to give an overpowered card to a House that's the strong already. It's not a good way to vote the future of the game, in this point of view.

It's an idea that I like, in general, but should be improved better than this.

In CoC, somthing like that would be fine...And would be more fine than that if it helps the balancing of the game. (I.E. if you want, as I want, Agency and Hastur stronger cards, you need to play them and make them win...But if they are underpowered, how can they win?).

this is just my opinion.

The concept is good.

The result is so and so.

Anyone have a link to this? I go to the Game website and just see the prize announcement. (Tournament winners get a deck of playing cards? Thanks for playing our game, he's a pack of cards so you can play something other than our game. Good thinking. I can't imagine there's any other kind cards they could print to promo te the game. )

Here 's the link.

I don't know AGoT enough to comment, but I hope this isn't what CoCLCG will get: the leagues feel the posterboy for random play.

I can't see this doing CoC any favours, as it's trying to regain it's balance after the powercreep that occured in Eldritch.

So, the story options are:

a) Everyone is doomed and goes horribly insane.

b) Everyone is doomed and goes horribly insane.

While I can see it happen on Story level, mechanically it could end up a disaster...