Playing it wrong for 10 years!!!!

By MechanoDRED, in The Lord of the Rings: The Board Game

We discovered the other night that we had been playing the game for 10 years wrong!

you don't have to play a card that matches the activity you have just drawn up.

it's amazing how hard this game is if you play it the way we have been playing - on the plus side we can destroy the ring MEGA easy.

ROFL. What was the success rate with that 'house" rule?

@OP:

Please elaborate. My boys and I have played the Silver Line Edition maybe six times now without a win. I can't figure out what we're doing wrong. Maybe if I understood what you were doing wrong it would help us.

Thanks!

nelsonbaggins said:

@OP:

Please elaborate. My boys and I have played the Silver Line Edition maybe six times now without a win. I can't figure out what we're doing wrong. Maybe if I understood what you were doing wrong it would help us.

Thanks!

I think he means that if he drew a, say, Friendship tile, he would then have to play a Friendship card...

nelsonbaggins said:

My boys and I have played the Silver Line Edition maybe six times now without a win. I can't figure out what we're doing wrong. Maybe if I understood what you were doing wrong it would help us.

You probably just need a little more practice. We find that the game is pretty easy to win with just the base set.

Just got the original edition (guess it's the original, from 2000) Made it too easy the first time around; when I drew a bad tile I'd stop drawing. Didn't realize you had to keep drawing till you get a good tile...

Now the game whacks us over the head repeatedly with a hammer. Always on my turn, I end up drawing 5 Sundials in a row...in Mordor(!)

that's the fun hehe. we play with sauron starting at 10 atm, to have a little challenge. and since that we keep drawing the sun tiles…:-(