Fan created FAQ?

By Olmestig, in Reference Materials

The official FAQ for the game is not very updated and I wonder if there has been an attempt to make a Fan created FAQ. Is this something that would be valuable for the community?

No. Mostly because we don't have that many more answers than what the official one provides. With KH and BGotW just coming out, I think FFG is working on updating it.

Actually the previous forum had a Kevin's answer to questions thread, itself extended from the excellent Official rules clarifications thread in the previous-previous forums:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffgforums/posts/list/114.page

That would be nice to import them, but a wiki would be more suitable than a forum for this. I have been asking for a wiki for ages in the previous forum, instead we got this very crappy new forum that is dead slow, difficult to read and that blocks simple copy-paste except using a pop-up. Oh dear :(

I copied those over but without a sticky, they are buried, The forum does not lend itself well to maintaing something of this nature.

zeb said:

Actually the previous forum had a Kevin's answer to questions thread, itself extended from the excellent Official rules clarifications thread in the previous-previous forums:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffgforums/posts/list/114.page

Thanks for that link, I was looking for it awhile back but couldn't find it.

ColtsFan76 said:

I copied those over but without a sticky, they are buried, The forum does not lend itself well to maintaing something of this nature.

Have you considered poking 433 or one of the other mods to sticky the FAQ, and then just updating it?

Antigoth said:

ColtsFan76 said:

Have you considered poking 433 or one of the other mods to sticky the FAQ, and then just updating it?

I keep being told they are working on it and plan to publish soon. I don't want to work on something that is going to be outdated with something official, but I also don't want to keep putting it off if they aren't going to release anytime soon. Also, when we first copied over, we didn't have the ability to update the first post of a thread. it hink now we do, so it would lend itself slightly better to maintaining it now. I'll try getting a hold of them again and see where we stand.