Board issues

By Ogrekin, in Dust Tactics

Ok, not sure if anyone else has them, but my tiles are warped in a very bad way. Almost a full half inch off the table on every tile.

This is the first board I have gotten from an FFG product that has done this. If I flip them over, the boards then curl up the opposite direction... can anyone help?

I'd contact them and tell them what happened. Whats the worse that could happen they tell you no? Other wise try clear plastic at like lowe or something its pretty cheap and allows u to flip over the 2 sides.

They came warped from the box like that? Or did they just start to curl? I'm sure there is a way to correct it, though I have no idea how off the top of my head. I guess you could try putting weights on it for long period of time.

As Arkangl said, I would contact FFG at the very least. Keep us posted.

-Jeff

My tiles came out of the box perfectly fine. However as I left them in a room with no heating (and it is winter) they have warped slightly.

This has now been fixed by placing the tiles on a table with some heavy books on them overnight.

Yeah, the warping is Significant! I have had them under heavy books for about 3 days and as soon as I lift the books, the corners warp back up. I have contacted FFG and will keep you up to date.

You didn't by chance leave them sitting on an unfinished concrete floor did you? I ask because if you leave wooden 2x4s on concrete they will warp very badly, this is do to the floor adding moisture in to the wood. I would think that this effect would might carry over to gameboard type materials as well.

Just a thought

-Jeff

Hanomag I was thinking the same thing but then I was thinking what if the game box was on the bottom of the shipment so there could be a lot of concrete contact. I'd try an Iron with like a towel on top of the boards and no steam just heat that might absorb the mosture or dry them out or in an oven on low for like 20 sec but both I would extremely be cautous so that you dont burn them.

Found this on Yahoo Answers some one ask for tips on straightening a warp checker board.

Cover it with a towel and steam iron it .... When it is flat leave the towel in place and use the iron without steam to dry it.