Players in SE Michigan

By roninbodhisattva, in 3. AGoT Organized Play

Hey all,

So after a long hiatus, I'm gonna try to get back into AGoT, but I need to figure out if there's even any kind of players around me to make it worth sinking a lot of money into. I'm currently residing in SE Michigan, near Ann Arbor. Does anyone know of play groups within a reasonable driving distance of that, or even in the area itself?

Hi,

We have a small but growing group (3-6 players) here in SE michigan area (Madison Heights). There is a local shop that carries the product and has a small area for us to gather that could fit 10-12. If you're interested in meeting up, we usually meet at this store (G.O.B. Retail) at least once a week. Weekends are tricky for me since I usually have to work.

Drop us a line via the boards or through email if you're interested and have questions about getting back in.

-

Edited by Stasis

Good to hear there are more out there still. Well, our group usually meets at someone's house, but we also hit up G.O.B. Retail in Madison Heights weekly. They have a good selection of product and are friendly people.

Let me know when or if you're interested in getting together and playing.

-

Edited by Stasis

Hello!

I was actually really interested in starting to play AGoT and even got the core set but couldn't find anyone to play with.

I go to school at UoM so if anybody plays around Ann Arbor and need an extra player I would love to join - if you don't mind my being a complete newbie =P

I just bought a core set, came in the mail today. Kinda stoked to try it out. Maybe I'll be connected up with you guys in Madison Heights.

-

Edited by Stasis

I live in the Troy area and recently became interested in this game. I would like to get in contact with the people from Madison Heights who play and learn more about the game. Maybe sit in and watch a game when they decide to meet up @ G.O.B. Please contact me @ smay456 @ gmail .com. I am very interested in this game and am looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks.

Hey guys!

Just a reminder that Gen con is right around the corner and we'd like to get together for a meet and greet. We will try to meet next week at GOB retail, and I'll try to have a date set by this Sunday. The time would be mid afternoon, but again, just let me know if you are interested, and if you need the time to be a bit later.

I've talked with a few of you and I'm excited to get together to play. Let's make this happen.

-Casey

[email protected]

I just got into the game and have yet to play, but I live in Livonia and would love to get a group going at RIW Hobbies here in Livonia.

-

Edited by Stasis

Sounds great, Casey. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Stephen

ccgtrader99 said:

Hey guys!

Just a reminder that Gen con is right around the corner and we'd like to get together for a meet and greet. We will try to meet next week at GOB retail, and I'll try to have a date set by this Sunday. The time would be mid afternoon, but again, just let me know if you are interested, and if you need the time to be a bit later.

I've talked with a few of you and I'm excited to get together to play. Let's make this happen.

-Casey

[email protected]

Anyone hear from Casey yet about the meet & greet? I sent him an e-mail a week ago but I haven't got any response from him yet. Thanks.

Back from Gencon meeting up at GOB in Madison Heights wes at 1:00

So the only time at G.O.B. that you guys meet is during the week afternoonish?

-

Edited by Stasis

warpi9 said:

I just got into the game and have yet to play, but I live in Livonia and would love to get a group going at RIW Hobbies here in Livonia.

RIW is a 10 minute drive from my house, so I might be willing to join a GoT league. Also, I'm another SE Michigan GoT player. So, just wanted to say hey and that I'm up at CMU right now, but my hometown is in the Farmington/Livonia/Plymouth area. The game seems awesome and love Song of Ice and Fire but no one seems to play.

Giving this the necro treatment as well.

After an busy year we are still playing and more excited than ever. The last year regretfully was quite slow for thrones in our area with kids, jobs etc etc.

But we are back! I've posted specifics in another thread but basically:

-We have support from 2 stores (one located east of metro detroit, and the other west)

-Looking to create a league this winter that meets weekly or bi weekly

-Creating new league formats that are new player friendly with cool prizes

-The MI meta has 3 new players, slowly getting into the game

-Hoping to host a regional event in spring, also as a meta attend a few others

-Ditto for Gencon and worlds

And specifically; I'd like to extend an offer to anyone who posted in this thread with whom we lost contact with: get in touch we'll add you to our new group and get something together ASAP.

Thanks!

Casey

[email protected]