Basic Inquisitorial atmosphere question

By player646179, in Deathwatch House Rules

Charmander said:

Hrm, probably came across wrong- definitely an interesting read and definitely more grimdark, I guess where I keep getting hung up is the concept that I'd be playing a character starting with 13/14k xp, at the same level as an ascended character, and have little to no control over my own destiny. The flavor of the terrible regime is not bad.

@dracopticon: Sorry if I came across as too much of a party pooper

Nah, I was just trying to point out that though you and I might not consider his views "Canon" (which is irrelevant anyway) or might not run our games this way, we were by no means being dismissive of other people's spin of the 40K universe.

Alex

Charmander said:

Charmander said:

All said in done, your game, your rules, and I can see your goal of including more mystery by keeping facts and information from your players. I tend to figure they're ascended level characters, not starting acolytes. They're an elite military force, and in order to make their characters interesting it seems to me they should be given a brain and some free will to go with their uber muscles and giant guns.

@dracopticon: Sorry if I came across as too much of a party pooper

Totally OK Charmander, I very much like different (constructive) views on my own takings. Yep, just as you said, I'd like to keep facts and info from the players, atleast until they're useable in a pro-scenario way. I also got The Emperor Protects, and while I've only browsed through it four or five times, there are a couple of things I'm aiming to change. But only because it's going to rhyme more with some of the PC's backgrounds, such as the Dark Angel character background "Encountered the Fallen".

*SPOILERS*
*SPOILERS*
*SPOILERS*

So instead of encountering enemies from the A L traitor marines, they're going to meet members of the Fallen.