Has anyone else noticed anything wrong?

By The Archivist3, in Deathwatch Collectors Edition

Owner of #702 here.

I'm a little disappointed with the craftsmanship/handling of this miraculous tome. While I absolutely admire it, there seems to be issues, for me anyway.

Issues when opened from box:

1: The wax seal for the Catechism of the Xenos fell off the paper it was attached to, melting the glue to get it back on failed.

2: The bottom front cover of the book itself has the "leather" seems to be loose or coming off a little.

3: There are some very noticeable scrapes on the silver lining of the pages.

4: The metal case hangs open a little, but I'm assuming that this cannot be helped (probably due to the design of the case or the belt buckle pushing on the inside of the case).

Issue after several weeks of ownership, careful reading, and never dropping, slamming, etc

1. The back of the book and the spine is coming off of the rest of the book, glue is exposed and pulling the back page with it (the page holding the map, facing the ad)

Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy what I have gotten; however the care into making this seems to be a little lacking, quality-wise. I don't thing there should be parts falling off when they are supposed to be glued on. Has anyone else had any complaints about it?

While I have not had any issues with the case so far I have had the problem with the binding. It's completely separated from the rest of the book. I have emailed the customer service and they are aware of the issue and have advised me that they are going to deal with it. hopefully they will deal with this soon.

Binding was my only problem.

There seems to be more of this than I had thought there would be when mone had some of the same trouble - my binding was faulty like yours, and almost everyone who has posted commented on the fact that when you stand the case up, it doesn't close tightly (a small,1-2 cm gap exists for mine).

The best advice I have come across is to contact customer service, and be prepared to take some pictures of the damage to email them. I wish I had known that, as I undertook some binding repair on my own, which appears to have worked, but I would rather have let professionals do it. So, learn from my mistake and do not try repairs on your own, contact FFG Customer Support!

Good Luck!

I'm happy to have a good one then, my only issue comes from the case like everyone else the metal case won't keep itself shut to the point I've been tempted to buy a set of small simple hinge locks and padlock to keep it shut.

The actual book has done well, no trouble with it, and I've been carying about a fair bit for reading (Without the metal case, **** thing so heavy and the cops asked to search me because my bag was bulging so much they suspected nefarious deeds.)

Wuffy said:

I'm happy to have a good one then, my only issue comes from the case like everyone else the metal case won't keep itself shut to the point I've been tempted to buy a set of small simple hinge locks and padlock to keep it shut.

The actual book has done well, no trouble with it, and I've been carying about a fair bit for reading (Without the metal case, **** thing so heavy and the cops asked to search me because my bag was bulging so much they suspected nefarious deeds.)

What did the cops have to say about the book once they discovered it? A big, scary-looking book called "Deathwatch" seems like the sort of thing that would lead to more questions!