Any hope for an expansion?

By OpT1mUs, in Chaos in the Old World

I love Chaos, and so does everyone in my group. I think it's one of the best (if not THE best) new games to come out of FFG. But I also kinda feel that is neglected, no mentions, no articles - nothing.

The game is almost perfect as it is, but new old world cards and new spell cards woudln't hurt it. Also the thing with peasents should be more fleshed out.

They could alternatively add more gods, like Gork & Mork, or a Skaven god. There is a plethora of options, what do you guys thing?

Well, I think there might be a glimmer of hope of a new expansion. After all, why do all the power points of every god go up to twelve?! The most you can ever have at one time is 9, so that mystifies me. This definitely smells like more expansions. However, an expansion might at the same time ruin the perfect balance of this game. One mistake could make one chaos god stronger than the others, so I think adding another god might not be such a good idea. If Mr. Lang can design something that will get past this hurdle, then I will be applaud him! Only time will tell whether or not an expansion will come to light. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Hm. Why are there no replies to this thread? Is there really little hope for an expansion?

mi-go hunter said:

Hm. Why are there no replies to this thread? Is there really little hope for an expansion?

:D

mi-go hunter said:

No offense, but I think you already answered your own question:

mi-go hunter said:

Only time will tell whether or not an expansion will come to light.

Kushiel said:

mi-go hunter said:

No offense, but I think you already answered your own question:

mi-go hunter said:

Only time will tell whether or not an expansion will come to light.

None taken. I just thought someone would have a more concrete guesstimate than just "wait and see". If that's the case, then I won't keep my hopes up.

'Nobody' knows nothing.

The only thing that I could imagine to be included in some future expansion would be revised Chaos power cards and a new Old Word deck.

I don't think that new units and/or a fifth player would do good to this brilliant game.

rashktah said:

'Nobody' knows nothing.

The only thing that I could imagine to be included in some future expansion would be revised Chaos power cards and a new Old Word deck.

I don't think that new units and/or a fifth player would do good to this brilliant game.

Malal? Please don't.

Alex

ak-73 said:

Malal? Please don't.

Alex

The Horned Rat is on its way! Yay!

Oh yes. I can't remember the last time something as mundane as a board game expansion annoucement made me so happy gran_risa.gif

Just bought the base game. We usually play with 5 to six players so I am happy about the fifth player addition.