Mirage refresh ability

By steveh1, in Twilight Imperium 3rd Edition

When using the refresh ability of Mirage to gain two fighters how are these supported? Can you use the ability to produce an unlimited number of fighter at 2 per turn without having anything to support them or do you have to keep using the ability to maintain the two fighters you got the first time?

Mirage fighters are only supported by a Space Dock or Carrier.

If you do not have a Space Dock or Carrier at Mirage, the fighters cannot be made because they are not supported. ONLY Advanced Fighters allows fighters to be made at Mirage without a carrier, Warsun or Space Dock to support them.

Mirage is usually placed early in the game to provide reinforcements to your Advance Fleet . happy.gif

So if you park a carrier or Warsun over Mirage, they can be reinforced with fighters in 2 turns without using command counters.

If you have a Space Dock on Mirage, the Space Dock can provide 4 units with Enviro and 2 fighters with Mirage's refresh ability.

Mirage main advantage is to provide fighter reinforcement without going back to a Space dock.

Also, Mirage saves 2 production slots and 1 command counter !!! Which can be a very nice advantage ! gui%C3%B1o.gif

Mirage, Primor, Hopes End are planets that help you out alot, if you place them well. The trick is to do some preplanning. cool.gif

Thanks, thats how I read it but the other day was the first time Mirage had actually been on the table.

I suppose with Advanced Fighters the only limitation is the fleet size.

For what it's worth, if you need "support" for this ruling, the current FAQ does have an entry talking about how Mirage by itself cannot "support" fighters.

So it does, somehow I missed that when I read the FAQs,

Thanks for pointing it out.