Denethor's Art

By Tiziano2, in The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game

Given today's article, I'm allowed, at long last, to show another of my core set pieces.

Please allow me to introduce Denethor II, ruling steward of Gondor

TBaracchi_Denethor.jpg

Please click to see full-size.

I don't know much about art, but I instantly noticed Denethor's pose — or his "body language," I suppose. He's got kind of a weasel-like, sly look going on, which is perfect, since he's pretty much a weasel.

Yeah, you really captured the creepyness of Denethor! He kind of looks like David Strathairn, ha ha! Thanks for sharing :)

TheDukester said:

I don't know much about art, but I instantly noticed Denethor's pose — or his "body language," I suppose. He's got kind of a weasel-like, sly look going on, which is perfect, since he's pretty much a weasel.

SPOILER ALERT (Even though the books are decades old now)

I didn't think of him so much like a weasel. Quite the opposite, I think; Denethor was proud to a fault. He hated the fact that his Stewardship would end, and in the end, he claimed he would have rulership, or he would have "naught."

More than anything, it was his pride that led him to wrestle with Sauron through the Palantir, a foolish thing for anyone but the rightful owners of the Palantiri (Aragorn, or any of his line).

The art of Denethor looks beautiful. Very well done. I believe it captures the essence of the Denethor character very well. The embroidering of the white tree of Gondor on his robe is ver well done.

I cannot wait to hold the cards in my hands in a couple of months!

LOL at "spoilers."

The core trilogy was first published in 1954 and 1955. There's currently about 70 quadzillion copies in print in about 10,000 languages, including those spoken only on other planets.

It hasn't exactly been difficult to find and/or read these books for the past 50 years or so. It's also my understanding that a few handfuls of people managed to see the three films.

The entire concept of spoilers does not apply here.

And, BTW, Darth Vader is actually Luke Skywalker's father!

TheDukester said:

TheDukester said:

LOL at "spoilers."

The core trilogy was first published in 1954 and 1955. There's currently about 70 quadzillion copies in print in about 10,000 languages, including those spoken only on other planets.

It hasn't exactly been difficult to find and/or read these books for the past 50 years or so. It's also my understanding that a few handfuls of people managed to see the three films.

The entire concept of spoilers does not apply here.

Just coverin' my bases. lengua.gif

(Photobucket)

Edited by The_Grognard
Image lost