Combat draw

By kagura-san, in Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game

Hi guys.

What follows, when combat ends as a draw? Both players take out their figures and no one takes a loot?

Thanks

ties going to the defender

Thanks. It makes sense, mainly when defending a city. gui%C3%B1o.gif

I'm new to the game and i just cant understand what the combat bonuses are for, do they add extra strengh/health to your unit if they do its a bit unfair if you have "+40"number on combat card

they are added to the left over forces to decide who won after the battle is resolved.

wait a sec so if the attacker wiped out all the defenders units the defender can still win?.

also is there a place in the rulebook that states this so i can read it in more detail

yes, you can win without forces and i am sure you will find the corresponding rule under resolve combat on page 25..

A good defender (i.e. a walled capital [+16], 2 barracks [+4 total], and a Great General [+4] for +24 total combat bonus) gives a great bonus not even counting units, surviving or otherwise. If you are going to attack them, make sure to really bring the pain; upgraded military, plenty of units and as many figures as you can spare...

Dayereth said:

A good defender (i.e. a walled capital [+16], 2 barracks [+4 total], and a Great General [+4] for +24 total combat bonus) gives a great bonus not even counting units, surviving or otherwise. If you are going to attack them, make sure to really bring the pain; upgraded military, plenty of units and as many figures as you can spare...

That makes sense, I was wondering if there was ever a moment in battle where both units did not perish. My guess is that the surviving unit is in the front created by the losing defender that was never attacked. Then this quote from the guide makes sense, "each player tallies up the strength of all of their
surviving units, adding in the value of the combat bonus card." Then that person can add their unit to their battle total.

About finding out the battle total, the guide makes perfect sense to find the difference between the combat battle and give the higher person the battle card w/ the higher number, so that it won't have to be calculated a second time, or the person w/ the lower battle card score will need to know what their total unit score will need to be.