Storage: What are you using?

By Post Monster, in Arkham Horror Investigators

Okay, so we all want the minis, but storage is obviously an issue. What are you using to store your minis? Do you like it or do you wish you have something better? Anyone using custom storage solutions?

I use a plastic fishing lure box with adjustable dividers that I bought at Wal-Mart for about $7.00. It works just fine, though I may get a small sheet of foam to line the compartments.

Regards,

V

I've been using the plastic display cases they come in, and it works just fine. They slide back together easily and securely.

craftsman plastic parts organizer, item# 3086. i got lucky and found one with nothing but the small bins, 48 of them. holds the complete set with the inserts from the individual packs as well.

DyerWilliam said:

craftsman plastic parts organizer, item# 3086. i got lucky and found one with nothing but the small bins, 48 of them. holds the complete set with the inserts from the individual packs as well.

Can you take and post a few pictures of this? I've been trying to decide on storage before even considering purchasing the miniatures, and I must say this one looks to be the most interesting and ideal for what I want.

I was just using the plastic boxes they came in but may go look for the Craftman HL3086. It seems like they are pretty common in the Sears around me.

I found some plastic bead organizer boxes at Michaels for $2 each -- 3 of them will hold all 48 investigators. There are 16 single-sized sections and 1 (unneeded) double-sized section in each box.

I was thinking of lining the bottom with foam, and placing a foam cushion on top to hold each figure snugly so it won't rattle around since some of them have tiny pieces (like cigars) that could easily break off. Then place a paper sheet on top with the names (and perhaps pictures) of all the characters positioned in a grid overlaying where the figure is hiding so I can find it quickly.

Punjoke said:

I've been using the plastic display cases they come in, and it works just fine. They slide back together easily and securely.

Me too.

Aeaea said:

I found some plastic bead organizer boxes at Michaels for $2 each -- 3 of them will hold all 48 investigators. There are 16 single-sized sections and 1 (unneeded) double-sized section in each box.

I was thinking of lining the bottom with foam, and placing a foam cushion on top to hold each figure snugly so it won't rattle around since some of them have tiny pieces (like cigars) that could easily break off. Then place a paper sheet on top with the names (and perhaps pictures) of all the characters positioned in a grid overlaying where the figure is hiding so I can find it quickly.

That sounds good. I want to find a mechanism to identify the figures for players.

Punjoke said:

Me too.

Me too.. although I have all the monsters in a big cardboard box... luckily I can remember their names/races otherwise with no names on the bases things could get confusing!